harder to get permission when your young

im 17 and have got permission for a few farms in my area but iv had it a lot easier than ye by the sound of it cause they came asking me to keep rabbits,rats,foxes and corvid population down it defo helped that i knew them in some way . atb getting permission

• Where abouts are you from in northumberland? im from wooler iv a few spots to go here including the caravan site which is like the M1 for rabbits.

Ahhh Wooler, we called it the promised land in the 70`s....

I was 46 when I got my first permission, and in the first year I got 12 farms to work my dogs, ferrets and nets on..

Edited by Romany

i agree with the age thing lads. i think people who don't know you would be more ready to put there trust in an older chap who may seem to have more experience. I have asked over a dozen farmers for permission in recent weeks. ever people who live in the same village as my girlfriends father and they still seem reluctant to give permission. some asked me to leave my number but ive heard nothing. i have permission with one farmer with a large farm who i originally had permission off to use my air riffle for rabbit control. ive been going there since i was 17 and im now 22. id love more land and am trying all i can think of to get it. One of my colleges at work has a father who is a game keeper, I have offered to go on a beat with him and i'm going on the 27 of dec. this way i hope to get to speak to him and show him im a responsible young man and see what he says.

Also i dont think a bit of money hurts some times. In my opinion if you ask for permission and go with fifty quid in your pocket it might just seal the deal. what fifty quid for endless nights of sport.

Why should you have to pay? Plenty of farmers give permission to help themselves, they gain from you being there. I'd never pay for permission unless The farmer put rabbits in the burrows himself...........WEEKLY :laugh: