Foxes to ground..

Plenty of foxes around me for everyone .The weather is what affects foxes to ground and cant be blamed on the attentions of the rifle boys of which i am one . I also dig my fair share after xmas .Makes me smile to think that you boys appear to think you own every fox in your area .The hunts are the same which is why i dont hang out there no more .The fox is our number one predator and is treated as such around me ,nothing more ,nothing less and the terrier is just a means to achieve the numbers that the keepers want at the time of year when they get lamp shy.I understand you boys ,or some of you anyway,are very passionate about your sport but to continually blame some other branch of fieldsports for lack of quarry says more about you than them .

Most people I know think when they see snow OH FOXS IN HOLES, not necessarily, I've found down the years as said above after the new year when the weather gets very cold heavy rain and strong winds, early the next morning is usually when you get them at home. I've hot a few in the snow but most of the time there prints just go up to the burra and them away again maybe marking it. After all sometimes it's too cold for snow to fall, so snow doesn't mean your guaranteed a dig. Atb

who stole the other half of your name lad :D
  • Like 1

I cant understand the trend for digging foxes for no apparent reason either .No body needs a reason to hunt ,its in us all or we wouldnt be on here .Get a grip lads and stop whining about the gun lads .Get out and get your fair share now the weathers colder .Get off your ass ,get off here and hunt .

I THINK YOU ALL NO WHY THERES NOTHING ABOUT IN A LOT OF AREAS, THERE GETTING RIFFLED ON A BIG SCALE. IVE FOUND 4 SO FAR WITH HOLES THROUGH THEM AND THATS ONLY LOCAL TO ME. HAVE A LOOK ON THE FOX SHOOTING FORUM. MITE OPEN YOUR EYES, IVE NOTHING AGAINST FOX PREDITATION CONTROL WITH RIFFLE, BUT ITS SEEMS EVERYONE WITH RIFFLES HANGS OUT THERE 4X4 WINDOWS ANYWHERE THAY LIKE AND [bANG]. GREAT SPORT. F******G W****S DONT EVEN MOVE OUT THE CARS TO MOVE THE CARCAS. THATS MY RANT OVER,

totally agree lad them riffle men make me sick
  • Like 1

I totally agree we have a new "generation of fox".We were hunting a spot last year on a fell side that has been kind to us in the past.To say we had wild weather is an under statement.It was cold and extreamly wet for weeks.On the day we set out there was sleet and hale on lower ground,but as we got higher it soon turned to heavy snow.It continued throughout the day and although we found nothing to ground we lifted two foxes from under the brachen.The snow had fell that hard that they were quite at home laying under their ready made igloo.Ive found that over the last 10 years or so,that a vixen will cub almost anywhere.And in my opinion these "new"cubs are being brought up in a false environment.Therefore when they go to cub they look for similar environments. Only my opinion.clachan

• Like 1

Like my mate said to me the other day, once we have a cold spell the foxes start using holes, they don't know the weather forecast so will drop in daily regardless once it comes to this time of the year. And even more so when they start pairing up in the next few weeks. Ya gotta get out and find 'em...

NovemberStappie001.jpg

I cant understand the trend for digging foxes for no apparent reason either .No body needs a reason to hunt ,its in us all or we wouldnt be on here .Get a grip lads and stop whining about the gun lads .Get out and get your fair share now the weathers colder .Get off your ass ,get off here and hunt .

well said, i do alot of lamping so i do shot alot of foxes, this year i've only shot 80 but i'm still seeing foxes that cant be shot at because its too un-safe. It just means that you will have to look harder to find the foxes and i know what its like because the ones i dont shoot i will hunt down with my terriers, it just makes it more of a challenge.

Plenty of foxes around me for everyone .The weather is what affects foxes to ground and cant be blamed on the attentions of the rifle boys of which i am one . I also dig my fair share after xmas .Makes me smile to think that you boys appear to think you own every fox in your area .The hunts are the same which is why i dont hang out there no more .The fox is our number one predator and is treated as such around me ,nothing more ,nothing less and the terrier is just a means to achieve the numbers that the keepers want at the time of year when they get lamp shy.I understand you boys ,or some of you anyway,are very passionate about your sport but to continually blame some other branch of fieldsports for lack of quarry says more about you than them .

i dont blame all the shooters foxdropper. but there are some that indescriminately kill shoot any fox that they get in thier sights. and then leave it where it lies. gives you folks a bad rep. having said that the terrier game has its fair share of numpties. so i suppose your right :laugh: :laugh:

i dont blame all the shooters foxdropper. but there are some that indescriminately kill shoot any fox that they get in thier sights. and then leave it where it lies. gives you folks a bad rep. having said that the terrier game has its fair share of numpties. so i suppose your right :laugh: :laugh:

You cant equate a numpty with a terrier to a numpty with a rifle, they do much more damage !

Also 'rabbit hunter' foxes understand the weather much better than the Met office.