gamekeeping topic

Guest little_lloyd

Guest little_lloyd

We have all these diffrent topics related to hunting and wildlife, but no gamekeeping/rearing topic!

I think all us gamekeepers on this forum should have a gamekeeping section where we can disscus and share ideas on this forum :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got a question to start it off,one of the farmers on my shoot has agreed to put me some game crop in for the coming season,what mix's have you guys had most success with for holding pheasant and partridge?

I was thinking a mix of caladonian kale,maize and either quinoa or mustard,the farmer was on about drilling wheat under sown with grass seed then drilling the game crop over that,i thought there might be probs with the wheat/grass smothering the game crop,do you think?

I was thinking a mix of caladonian kale,maize and either quinoa or mustard,the farmer was on about drilling wheat under sown with grass seed then drilling the game crop over that,i thought there might be probs with the wheat/grass smothering the game crop,do you think?

Maize, maize and more maize :yes: . Forget anything else. Nothing beats maize for holding pheasants. They feel comfortable in it, you can feed easily under it, they are protected from birds of prey and they flush well and not all at once. It is the answer to all of your needs, trust me ;) !

OTC

By the way - I would be up for a Gamekeeping area within the forum. Ian, Moddies - what do you think??

Guest ragumup
We have all these diffrent topics related to hunting and wildlife, but no gamekeeping/rearing topic!

I think all us gamekeepers on this forum should have a gamekeeping section where we can disscus and share ideas on this forum :D

I agree but we have got n,o,b,s though,and wez77 i have quite a few game plot but im no expert i think the wheat /grass would compeat for nutrients/moisture with any game crop you put in ,i would go for kale and quinoa only with tons of fertilier or maze only as you can spray maze with a pre.emergents to stop weeds