1st buck of season

I arrived on my ground at 6am this morning just breaking light.I stalked across the 1st field and came to a hedgerow which I glassed down and spotted a buck about 250 yards away.

I stalked down the other side of the hedge when all of a sudden the buck appeared through the hedge about 150 yards away , it appeared to have a limp . I dropped to the ground and crawled for some 40 yards or so to get into a shooting position , the buck turned broadside so I delivered a heart shot , he ran for about 30 yards or so before collapsing dead. 6.10 am and I had been lucky already :D

5apr07013Small.jpg

I dragged the beast back to my car and continued as it was only 6.30 , I spied another 2 does but no bucks.

5apr07014Small.jpg

I then headed back to the car and decided to check one last field where I bumped into a fox heading straight for me .......................... finished off a successful morning :yes:

5apr07015Small.jpg

Not long clean by the looks of it Mark,i myself am from Fife,i've seen some cracking heads already.Looks like its gonna be a good season.

Well done again foxy,you truly are the daddy. :clapper:

Hello foxy mate as you know i got my missus out for her 2nd buck bit it's her first bigish lad but here is a pic for other's.On the same day in the morning got my brother 1 a cull buck in velvet & her's taken at night 22.250 157m 37lb.

Picture413.jpg

Picture461.jpg

Picture465.jpg

Hello foxy mate as you know i got my missus out for her 2nd buck bit it's her first bigish lad but here is a pic for other's.On the same day in the morning got my brother 1 a cull buck in velvet & her's taken at night 22.250 157m 37lb.

Picture413.jpg

Picture461.jpg

Picture465.jpg

Nice one Ange !! :clapper::clapper: