Hi all,

For a while now i have pondered on the idea of what cross would suit me best as an all rounder, something that would be strong, have plenty of guts, prey drive, stamina, ability to turn and with lungs to lamp all night and do it well.

I have asked peoples opinions in the past on this subject and found that alot of people

had the same idea on here or had seen this breeding in action and couldn't fault it. I have also seen this cross in action and know the prey drive that they bring to the game.

I have a 58ths grey 38ths bull, (in the right of my pic) a game dog day and night, and a well bred saluky greyhound bitch bred by paul roberts off this site, both are very good at what they do and iv always like'd the idea of what they would bring to the table so i decided to breed a litter of pups and keep one Dog back for myself. Pups are due in a few days and will be 10 months old by next october so a really good time to start him on the lamp. A few mates have put names forward for pups which im happy with because id love to hear how each one comes on in the future. whats everyones thoughts on this breeding once again??. No stupid comments or arguments on this one please. hha hha

anyone with pics or stroies of the cross welcome to put them up

thanks

phil_h

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there a nice cross,but it would be hard to find a good f1 saluki ghound,i would sooner use a well bred well tested coursing dog,there a few of them about......

they make decent lamp dogs.im only into edible game really and my saluki bull grey does that very well. very true in what you say with hit and miss on charlie as sometimes mine gives 100% on them and

that dog is a topper...

Posted Images

Should be handy dogs mate

I really like this cross and was hoping to get a dog after Christmas I may go for a saluki bull grey I'm not too sure yet lol

I know a few lads with this cross great alround dogs they do their jobs well if properly trained

Atb with the pups when they arrive keep us updated on their progress

J/D

they look spot on, and i think it could be a good x for most quarry. The only thing i have heard is that some s/b/g can be a bit hit+miss with old charlie, where as straight bullxs are more better for that.? I suppose all pups are differnt, so you never know .? I do like the x and parents look sound :thumbs:

saw a few nice ones , whats there coats like for the real cold winter and feet like and not to much bully muscle , so they dont get strains ,when i bred alitter i think feet durability wind , clever dogs etc i think quart to eight is enough in most dogs to cacth game and odd fox pre ban , saw small beddie crosses game on fox , and colie type be good for big game with extra power on jaws but you have to get them doing it singls so its not a mess,pre ban would be a handy cross and saw afew in ninties

Hi all,

For a while now i have pondered on the idea of what cross would suit me best as an all rounder, something that would be strong, have plenty of guts, prey drive, stamina, ability to turn and with lungs to lamp all night and do it well.

I have asked peoples opinions in the past on this subject and found that alot of people

had the same idea on here or had seen this breeding in action and couldn't fault it. I have also seen this cross in action and know the prey drive that they bring to the game.

I have a 58ths grey 38ths bull, (in the right of my pic) a game dog day and night, and a well bred saluky greyhound bitch bred by paul roberts off this site, both are very good at what they do and iv always like'd the idea of what they would bring to the table so i decided to breed a litter of pups and keep one Dog back for myself. Pups are due in a few days and will be 10 months old by next october so a really good time to start him on the lamp. A few mates have put names forward for pups which im happy with because id love to hear how each one comes on in the future. whats everyones thoughts on this breeding once again??. No stupid comments or arguments on this one please. hha hha

anyone with pics or stroies of the cross welcome to put them up

thanks

phil_h

as said if out of tested dogs,could make a usefull alrounder,tho that paul roberts is a pledder,and his dogs arnt tested,your bull cross looks like it seen abit

they look spot on, and i think it could be a good x for most quarry. The only thing i have heard is that some s/b/g can be a bit hit+miss with old charlie, where as straight bullxs are more better for that.? I suppose all pups are differnt, so you never know .? I do like the x and parents look sound :thumbs:

they make decent lamp dogs.im only into edible game really and my saluki bull grey does that very well. very true in what you say with hit and miss on charlie as sometimes mine gives 100% on them and other times he dont seem to be bothered this is single handed he will do them no bother everytime if running double

post-39452-0-40887500-1323253570.jpg

• Like 2

they make decent lamp dogs.im only into edible game really and my saluki bull grey does that very well. very true in what you say with hit and miss on charlie as sometimes mine gives 100% on them and other times he dont seem to be bothered this is single handed he will do them no bother everytime if running double

here is another he caught 27 of them so has some stamina aswel

post-39452-0-84993200-1323254193_thumb.jpg