What packs have you hunted with

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i've been to see gelligaer farmers a few times. the best days hunting i ever watched was a bit of an accident. me and a group of friends were doing a bit of ferreting in a valley when a rumble of hoov

Cheshire Cheshire forest Conway valley Atherstone Dove valley minkhounds Border counties Minkhounds Culmstock minkhounds Cumberland farmers Blencathra Ullswater Lunesdale Hodder valley Tiv

Out with the Goathland yesterday, joint with the Jedforest.

I was taken to see the Linlithgow and Stirlingshire a couple of times as a kid but don't really remember much about it.

Seen the Blencathra

Followed the Melbreak a couple of times as my OH is from Cockermouth but last time I took my wee laddie and we got the total cold shoulder and unfriendliest of welcomes from all the old boys watching from the road . I don't know if it was because we were scots or not locals and I know they have to be careful with antis but It put my young lad right off which was really disapointing as he now thinks a day out with the hounds is crap and only for grumpy old men .

If anyone on here regularly follows them and I mean follow not just stand on the road commentating then pm me, as I would love to take him back and show him that nothing beats a day on the hill with the hounds.

when was that bud been big changes up there now new huntsman , they prob thought you were crag rats :laugh:

It would have been Oct 2010 , I think the language barrier wasn't helping either and alot was being lost in translation between the locals strong cumbrian and my strongs scots :whistling: I think the new huntsman had just got going. I had been twice before and it was grand . Once when my lad was really young and we had to watch from the road and the second time had a brilliant day in the pouring rain in Ennerdale when the wife and I kept up and they put one up out the scree high above the lake.

when was that bud been big changes up there now new huntsman , they prob thought you were crag rats :laugh:

It would have been Oct 2010 , I think the language barrier wasn't helping either and alot was being lost in translation between the locals strong cumbrian and my strongs scots :whistling: I think the new huntsman had just got going. I had been twice before and it was grand . Once when my lad was really young and we had to watch from the road and the second time had a brilliant day in the pouring rain in Ennerdale when the wife and I kept up and they put one up out the scree high above the lake.

ring the kennles next time and tell them your planning on coming last time i was out pritch was still there long time ago hope you get sorted the lal melbreck has some great country , :thumbs:

I bought a book a while ago called if ST Peter had Hounds not got around to reading it yet as anyone read it

I bought a book a while ago called if ST Peter had Hounds not got around to reading it yet as anyone read it

had it years flicked through it not many done that many hunts

are you talking about the blencathra,who is the huntsman there now,and when did he take over,atb wf

NO bud the melbreck think they would have to carry BTH out in a coffin :laugh:

are you talking about the blencathra,who is the huntsman there now,and when did he take over,atb wf

Is Ol' SG still doing abit of Terrierwork with the Melbreck :hmm:

Is Ol' SG still doing abit of Terrierwork with the Melbreck :hmm:

i was at there terrier show in the summer bud but have not been huntin with them for years not sure as to your qestion