treadmills

Guest FTBBTH

if you haven,t got the time 2 walk them then great idea

dont be so fooking silly, a treadmill wont, dont or should never be used to replace walking, i use a treadmill an a swimtank but my dogs still get walked as they should, treadmills, slatmills, an swimtanks are not an easy way out of walking your dog... too many folk on here give advice on shit they know nowt about :icon_eek:

And you must know everything about exercising dogs and if I couldn't walk my dogs I would rather them go on a treadmill than sat in the dog pen all day

Lol tried to keep gold fish but think I gid them too much work on the treadmill lollol

not everything, but enuff to know a treadmill aint used instead of walking your dogs, an if you couldnt walk your dogs, id think its about time you got goldfish ffs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't think anyone said they were proffesianals just offering up a bit of what they know. I certainly don't know everything and would be an idiot to think I ever will.

had one myself,downside was watching them on it,i just used to get bored so got rid rather watch them run up the field

depends how often it's used. If used to replace free running on uneven ground it's not a good idea. The dogs muscles and tendons aren't extended in the same way and it's balance isn't shifted in the s

well its just the days re getting shorter and i cant get my dogs out all day everyday, i can get them out for an hour or 2, but right through the summer months up until now ive been giving my 2 lurchers and the little terrier atleast 4 hours possibly 5 a day just walking and odd bit of land whitch may hold a rabbit, but after taking on these 2 pups they seem to be robbing me alot of my free time for the older dogs, and i dont want them to lose there fitness, i know itll pay off in the long run with the pups but they arent half annoying at the minute :laugh: , so i just thought a treadmill would keep my 2 older dogs topped up with a walk every day then i can get even more time invested into the pups. but like i say as soon as the pups hit year or so ill have all the dogs out together, and probably wont use the treadmill no more so i think the dogs will haveto lose an hours walking here and there.

cheers for all the great advice! :thumbs:

hi all, i was just thinking about getting a treadmill to give the dogs a bit more exercise, i have a couple of questions, 1. in what way do they benefit dogs? and 2. what are the down sides?

thanks for any help! :thumbs:

They are great as a way to rehabilitate dogs after injury, when you don't want the dog on uneven ground, or want to limit the type of running it does.

They are also great as an addition to the dogs normal exercise when needing to give them that bit extra, when you wouldn't have time to walk an extra walk. Plus not all people can do road work to get their dogs running at length.

When the weather is so foul, neither dog nor man want to go out.

The minus is, you cannot just stick a dog on and leave it, you have to be there with it.

Guest long-tail

hi all, i was just thinking about getting a treadmill to give the dogs a bit more exercise, i have a couple of questions, 1. in what way do they benefit dogs? and 2. what are the down sides?

thanks for any help! :thumbs:

They are great as a way to rehabilitate dogs after injury, when you don't want the dog on uneven ground, or want to limit the type of running it does.

They are also great as an addition to the dogs normal exercise when needing to give them that bit extra, when you wouldn't have time to walk an extra walk. Plus not all people can do road work to get their dogs running at length.

When the weather is so foul, neither dog nor man want to go out.

The minus is, you cannot just stick a dog on and leave it, you have to be there with it.

exactly the reason i got rid,now that aint no proffesional opinion on my part i just get bored easy :thumbs:
Guest long-tail

and the treadmill would be accomadated with a 2 hour walk

Sounds like it would be fine. It's not always easy getting a dog to use one at first and if you use a lead you have to watch the dog so it doesn't get injured just ask Cesar Millan.

mate of mine has knocked up a ply box to fit over it keeps the dog in place :thumbs: Edited by long-tail
  • Like 1

thanks moll long tail and bunny basher69, and rocky everybody else in my house works longer hours than im out so not really, i have them out from 6 til half 7 before school and 2 hours after like 4 til 6, then its obviously dark, so just think i treadmill will benefit the dogs alot

thanks moll long tail and bunny basher69, and rocky everybody else in my house works longer hours than im out so not really, i have them out from 6 til half 7 before school and 2 hours after like 4 til 6, then its obviously dark, so just think i treadmill will benefit the dogs alot

Make sure you get one that fits the size of your dogs or it's not worth buying :thumbs:

I'm gonna get one as when I'm at work the misses can chuck one of the dogs on it for a bit more exercise throughout the day. Can't see any harm in it...

Given me an idea - might get one for the missis to use whilst I'm out at work to give her a bit of exercise through the day :doh:

Treadmills are a great tool when used correctly aS they can dramatically improve fitness when used to push the dogs that bit more. But to many people and I have done it mysel through lazines and try and use it as a replacement. That's the reason I gave mine away

• Like 1