Cheap but good PCP rifle for rabbit hunting.

Has anyone any ideas of a good but not to expencive PCP out on the market?

I am fairly new to hunting and have been useing a SMK XS79(QB79) its a nifty rifle but is laking the power needed. It takes rabbits out with one shot but only at around 15-20 yards.

i paid £100 for the SMK and was wondering if theres a decent PCP for around £200 ish thats going to have close to 12flb for shooting the bunnies??

any infomation you have would be great.

Thanks

• Like 1

Okay, in the Extreme cold, the QB will drop in power (as will any Co2 job) but the QB is certainly more than capable of taking down a bunny out to 40 yards (most people dont/wont shoot past 30-35 yards).

I got my hands on one a few years ago, using AAF's I dropped every target on the range from 8 yards to 60 (only missing the 65 once due to my feck up).

Try paper punching out to various ranges.

If you really want a PCP then the AAS200 is exceptionally hard to beat for accuracy, although the newere ones (MKIII) are seriously reduced in power, they will still do the business if you do your part.

Tony

ps if your looking for another great lil pcp try the BSA Ultra ;)

I am fairly new to hunting and have been useing a SMK XS79(QB79) its a nifty rifle but is laking the power needed. It takes rabbits out with one shot but only at around 15-20 yards.

i paid £100 for the SMK and was wondering if theres a decent PCP for around £200 ish thats going to have close to 12flb for shooting the bunnies??

Thanks

I mate i have the 78 and it a cracking little gun,but when i got it i was only getting 7flb,but with a bit of cleaning and a new set of seals its up around 11.4 on a hot day.

dont get the webley raider, i havent owned one but after alot of advice i got put off, seem one in the shop, and the build quality is naff, and would piss me off, i have also learnt to be patient and make doo with saving a tad...il be a proud owner of a huntsman classic on the 19th, cant f**king wait :)

so in other words, dont rush to buy or youll being rushing to sell lol

Hi

I would look at the BSA ultra m/s tactical or the aa s 200 .I dont think you will any thing for under £300 ?

Just looked on the airgunfourm.co.uk theres a bsa ultra for sale in beech 18 months old £230

Edited by villaman

take a look at how they operate though, i also looked for a long time, and the ultra was abit to potchy for me, they say you dont have to move to reload etc, but same apllies with a bolt? i dont have to take the gun off target to reload a bolt gun, and find this less work, i then looked at the s200, but i just didnt like the stock, didnt fit me, i felt abit hunched over same as the ultra really..just go to a dealers, hold all guns from 300-600, as theres a good few guns in that range, bsa's , AA's etc.

what ever gun you choose, there'll always be one that some thinks is better etc, but all down to budget and your using of it, whether you intend to shoot lying down more than standing, whether you shoot from a veicle or not..lol the list could go on all day, the best advice is go to your local shop and handle various amounts of guns etc..

ATB Rob :)

Btw, you could always have a nice diana 280 carbine, a springer :p im selling one, but it looks like il just be keeping it as to many people promise what just isnt going to happen .." il have it really intrested etc" lol anyway, happy shooting ;)

and thats all you have to do is buy scopes, comes with silencer and once piece mounts, £170 and its yours

Edited by robwelsh

Thanks

I mate i have the 78 and it a cracking little gun,but when i got it i was only getting 7flb,but with a bit of cleaning and a new set of seals its up around 11.4 on a hot day.

i have a qb 78 dl and my dad polished all the bits inside and replaced the transfer seal and he sorted the barrel end out and we put it on a power measurer and it was over 12 so we put a smaller seal in and it was back down to 11 lb

i use it to shoot rabbits and it is a good gun but it looses a bit power after 20 shots with one full and one empty so we always let the gas out and put another bulb in or just use 2 full ones if we are going to do a lot of shooting...

my best kill was 38 paces away.. a clean head shot