28g 7's any use

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if it goes bang and your on target dont matter what load you are using

I agree within reason. I thought it was me missing the point.   When I was a youngster, I might have asked the same questions.   Now I know that chokes and shot sizes, only matter if you worry ab

If you exclude the beak a pigeons head is under 1 square inch so the chances of that extra kill are about 1 in 30.   I used to use 32g no 6 for pigeons. One day I was short of 32g 6s and took with m

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

I can be 100% sure that 32grams outperforms 7s 28grams in most situs in the field .

If you cant afford to put enough lead though the barrels to kill cleanly as much as possable by less rounds.

I bet the that most shooters who complain about prices dont even put 2000 round though there guns so the price diffrents is not as much as they think.

I put 10000 rounds thogh my guns last year with the running cost for cartridges being roughly £2780 on cartridges last year .

So if a shooter shoots 2000 cartridges the very most for 7.5s in 28grams it would be approx £400 for 2000

And for a top brand game 6s in 32 grams £430 for 2000

I feel if you cant spend a extra 30 notes to get the correct load and shot size for the humble woodie give up shooting at them.

Cookie

1000 steel 28g 7`s cost me £164. I also shoot 1000`s a year. These cartridges do the job i ask at a price i like.

You must have alot of falcons to feed if you shoot 1000s a year :big_boss: if you using steel and the only reason for you to use them is to feed the flacons .

What did you use to feed them before steel shot came about :hmm:

Cheers Cookie

1000 steel 28g 7`s cost me £164. I also shoot 1000`s a year. These cartridges do the job i ask at a price i like.

You must have alot of falcons to feed if you shoot 1000s a year :big_boss: if you using steel and the only reason for you to use them is to feed the flacons .

Cheers Cookie

Cookies.

Cheers Cookie

Cookies.

Intresting reply never tried cookies though the shottie I guessing from the reply theres no senseable answer

Cheers Cookie

Cookies.

Intresting reply never tried cookies though the shottie I guessing from the reply theres no senseable answer

my mate les only ever use's dan arms 28g 7.5's for pigeons and i bet he brings down 90-95% up to 30 yards over decoys.. £156 a thou... cant quibble with that!!!! and he gets through about 5-6 thousand a year Edited by trentotter

I can be 100% sure that 32grams outperforms 7s 28grams in most situs in the field .

If you cant afford to put enough lead though the barrels to kill cleanly as much as possable by less rounds.

I bet the that most shooters who complain about prices dont even put 2000 round though there guns so the price diffrents is not as much as they think.

I put 10000 rounds thogh my guns last year with the running cost for cartridges being roughly £2780 on cartridges last year .

So if a shooter shoots 2000 cartridges the very most for 7.5s in 28grams it would be approx £400 for 2000

I feel if you cant spend a extra 30 notes to get the correct load and shot size for the humble woodie give up shooting at them.

Cookie

dont talk shite,,,,,,if the cartridge does the job then it does the job the only way a 32g can out perform is if

you shoot better,,,i think you better up the amount of shell's you shoot and get more practice because i

would be willing to gamble if we went on the pigeon i would shoot just as much as you with your 32g,

it's exactly like saying my gun is more expensive than your's and is multi choke so i must be a crack shot,

last year i was shooting both 32 and 28,,,i shot a pigeon stone dead at 55 yrds, i actually paced it out,

and yes it was with the 28g, the 32 may give an adge but only on the one's you aint hitting right

Cookie

dont talk shite,,,,,,if the cartridge does the job then it does the job the only way a 32g can out perform is if

you shoot better,,,i think you better up the amount of shell's you shoot and get more practice because i

would be willing to gamble if we went on the pigeon i would shoot just as much as you with your 32g,

it's exactly like saying my gun is more expensive than your's and is multi choke so i must be a crack shot,

last year i was shooting both 32 and 28,,,i shot a pigeon stone dead at 55 yrds, i actually paced it out,

and yes it was with the 28g, the 32 may give an adge but only on the one's you aint hitting right

Right lets have some figures of you boys 2010 to 2011 I shot approx 10000 cartridges I put 6000 woodies though the dealer I averaged 115 per week in that year .

Cheers Cookie

approx 10000, so could be more???? 6000 birds thats not far short of 50% ratio, like i said more practice is needed lol,

see your at it again it's the same sinario as before,,,,,,,i shoot more shells so i know more,,,,,or i have more

birds to shoot so im a better shot,,,,or i shoot more expensive cartridges so i know what i'm talking about,,,,

do you see the patern??????????

approx 10000, so could be more???? 6000 birds thats not far short of 50% ratio, like i said more practice is needed lol,

see your at it again it's the same sinario as before,,,,,,,i shoot more shells so i know more,,,,,or i have more

birds to shoot so im a better shot,,,,or i shoot more expensive cartridges so i know what i'm talking about,,,,

and you would need to shoot 115.3846 EVERY WEEK (52 WEEKS) TO REACH THAT AMOUNT

Well what do the numbers tell us. A load of 32g no 7 has 384 pellets while 28g no 7 has 342 pellets.

1/4 choke at 40 yards has a 55% pattern in a 30 inch circle so there are about an extra 24 pellets in the 30 inch circle with 32g.

Those 24 pellets are spread over 700 square inches so about 1 pellet every 28 square inches. It would be difficult to argue that is really significant compared with the small size of a pigeon . In practical terms maybe 32g would perform a little better at distance but not for most decoying ranges is what the numbers tell us - the rest is in your head..

Edited by welshboy454

and you would need to shoot 115.3846 EVERY WEEK (52 WEEKS) TO REACH THAT AMOUNT

Thats what I stated in my post some weeks I can shoot 600 birds if the crop weather etc allows.

So yes I average 60% to 70% kill ratio.

I still would like to know how many woodies you shoot in a year as clearly if you shoot 25 cartridges at woodies in a year you would know more than a guy who shoots 10000 a year at woodies.

If you would to come and outshoot me with your 28 grams 7s I can arrange a trip in march over bean drilling .

Cheers Cookie

Well what do the numbers tell us. A load of 32g no 7 has 384 pellets while 28g no 7 has 342 pellets.

1/4 choke at 40 yards has a 55% pattern in a 30 inch circle so there are about an EXTRA 24 pellets in the 30 inch circle with 32g

So thats a EXTRA 24 pellets so 24 more chances to hit the target it only takes a single headshot pellet to kill a bird cleanly.

Those 24 pellets are spread over 700 square inches so about 1 pellet every 28 square inches. It would be difficult to argue that is really significant compared with the small size of a pigeon . In practical terms maybe 32g would perform a little better at distance but not for most decoying ranges is what the numbers tell us - the rest is in your head..

1/4 choke at 40 yards has a 55% pattern in a 30 inch circle so there are about an EXTRA 24 pellets in the 30 inch circle with 32g

So thats a EXTRA 24 pellets so 24 more chances to hit the target it only takes a single headshot pellet to kill a bird cleanly.

If you exclude the beak a pigeons head is under 1 square inch so the chances of that extra kill are about 1 in 30.

I used to use 32g no 6 for pigeons. One day I was short of 32g 6s and took with me some 7.5 clay 28g .

I had 7.5 28g in the first barrel and was rationing the 32g no 6 in the second barrel.

I continued like this for a while. I missed one with the first shot but stopped it clean kill second barrel over 40 yards out. There I was reassuring myself that I needed 32g in the second barrel to reload finding that both cartridges were 28g 7.5 ! It was an Eureka moment for me.

I pay £160 1000 for the 7.5 28g and £220 1000 for the 32g 6s = The £60 saved me an extra 350 cartridges which kills a lot of extra pigeons.

• Like 1