COMMON LAND

Two of the permissions i shoot on are boardered by common land, which the farmer has grazing writes on. Is it legal to shoot these areas with the farmers permission ( plenty of fox on there ) :hmm:

Cheers.

LD

Edited by Lewdan

Be very careful with this one buddy. Farmer up with me over the summer only just escaped jail. He took his 12 bore out to clear some crows during lambing period,crossed his land and common land that he had grazing rights on, he presumed that the shooting rights were his too. WRONG! Bit of a court case, gun was destroyed,huge fine and suspended sentence with two year order. T

It was common land on the Brecon Beacons National Park grounds, the tenants have very particular aggreements, huge problem there lately with sheep rustlers. They want to set up some kind of watchman system but there is lots of red tape due to all the scientific guidelines. Sounds like a minefield. Tim.

Hi

A friends farm where I shoot has had the lease to a fair bit of land for grazing for years and it's full of rabbit and other vermin,but in the small print of the paperwork it states no blood sports,I didn't know what was classed as a blood sport,i imagine shooting or any form of control may could be classed as that. To be fair i dont know the answer and didn't want to get into a spot of bother so I stopped working it,all his other land is his own so I don't miss that part of land,I have plenty to go at on other farms,

Think it's best to clear up any kind of problems like this before you shoot it, thats if you value your shooting,a kid I know strayed onto coal board land by mistske to get to some permission he was getting to no and ended up in court, he was lucky he didn't lose his lisence on that occasion but I can see how easy it would be to do so,for a question of this kind I would take on board all the comments above and speak to the person who let's the farmer use this land, I don't know how common land works with shooting etc but if your unsure get the go ahead straight from the horses mouth so to speak because if u wasto lose your sgc or fac over a possible right answer on this thread would be soul destroying,

Atb 223