Nikko stirling nighteater 6_24x56

Scopes and reticles get very personal.

This is a very "OK" scope, nothing special, and usually they work, the mag is too high for me, I use 6x out to 200 yards commonly, sometimes further.

It's not a scope I would consider on a HMR but we are all different.

:thumbs:

Thanks for your replyes all of you .i already have a 6x42 on my stalking rifle and I want min of 50mm on my .17 as most of my shooting is done at night think il look in to the mtc cheers

Many of the smaller objective lens quality scopes give better light transmission than the bigger objective lens cheaper scopes. Don't get too wrapped up in the objective size, there is more to light transmission/clarity than objective size. :thumbs:

Decker is correct , All of my scope's apart from the one on my 22rf are 50mm and above . BUT my bino's are swarovski 7x42 and good for seeing at night with just a slither of moon, i can see rabits that are impossible to see with the naked eye.

I have a chinese scope 8x56 S&B copy and is ok for the £100 it cost and i keep it as an emergancy scope. But compaired to a 6x42 S&B or Swarovski its dark and gives a yellow picture. If fact when compaired to them it's crap.

Edited by coldweld

hi mate have this scope on my hmr and regular head shot rabbits at 170 yards with it.had a hawke scope on at first but didnt have the zoom for them long range shots, also use at night taking rabbits at 100 yds + no problems atb nick

Edited by remmy1100