Sitting rabbit

Im returning to the world of lurchers after 15 years absence and could do with some help and advice or perhaps just some reassurance. Lills is a collie/greyhound and is in almost every aspect an excellant dog loads of heart, stamina, works the hedges, marks her prey and a good looker too. What i need help with is the sitting rabbits, she will only chase runners if the rabbit sits she just marks it, perhaps slowly stalking, but she wont go for the kill untill it moves and usually by that time the its had time to bolt for cover. She does it to cats too if its running she will nearly kill herself to get it but when it sits she just stares it down. Is this common and something I shouldnt be worrying about or does anybody have any tips.

post-68171-0-18556200-1322858108.jpg

get rid mate, and start again, get lurcher to lurcher bred with just bit of collie in the mix, or bullxgrey that feckin eats them like mine you aint got worry about then :laugh:

What because it won't take squatters or cats?Some dogs never master squatters Ray........get rid for one fault bit extreme that !!

Been up to whin's now you're sounding like him....tut tut.

Would you get rid of Bryn because he's robotic(your words)

• Like 1

its a pain in the arse at times but its a collie trait, no dogs without there faults. imo its not the end of the world as the dog can still go out and catch good numbers when out in the field, if thats the only real fault the dog has then i would just put up with it.

theres far more good coming from the dog than bad. :thumbs:

• Like 1

get rid mate, and start again, get lurcher to lurcher bred with just bit of collie in the mix, or bullxgrey that feckin eats them like mine you aint got worry about then :laugh:

What because it won't take squatters or cats?Some dogs never master squatters Ray........get rid for one fault bit extreme that !!

how dare you question bird he has had lurchers for nearly 30 years :laugh:

how dare you question bird he has had lurchers for nearly 30 years :laugh:

My bad. :icon_redface:

• Like 1

same here mate a bit over the top we are on about rabbits here just get rid what a load of shit stick witht the dog and it will reward you dont get rid because it wont pick up a squatter it will learn in time

i like watching a dog do a bit of stalking.. they all have thier little faults..if you want to call em faults..I would walk up to the sitters if they dont move and put the dog on top of em.. or even give it a couple of nights out with a dog that does pick em up and run it doubled up so it starts thinking if i dont get there 1st im gonna miss out.. then run him alone again till he gets the knack..

my dogs crap at pickin em up out the seat but always will run up the field or anywhere to the end of the beam if i tell her there is something there..usually by the time she gets up close its up and moving already...its saves a a lot of footwork in the long run..lol.