terriors eyes

i dug a fox 2 days ago with my laki dog and i have been bathing it everyday but today when i was cleaning the dogs eyes i noticed it had like a clear film over its eyes like the dog is going blind has any body had this happen to them and what is it and will it be ok can anybody shed a bit of light on what it is and what is best to do

i dug a fox 2 days ago with my laki dog and i have been bathing it everyday but today when i was cleaning the dogs eyes i noticed it had like a clear film over its eyes like the dog is going blind has any body had this happen to them and what is it and will it be ok can anybody shed a bit of light on what it is and what is best to do

optrex infected eye ointment helps.

Get some noroclox, its for cows udders.I've had this problem quite a few times and it clears it up after 4 or 5 days. If ya can't get it, a drop of penecillin under the eye lid every day for a week should do the trick

Make sure there is no dirt right up underneath the eyelids. You should wash the eyes out with a syringe of warm water each time the dog has been to ground. Hold the eyelids back, top then bottom lids and GENTLY squirt water along them: you'll see thin strips of muddy stuff come out: this is the dust and dirt which has got lodged right back under the lids. If you leave it there it can damage the eyes as the dust scratches the eye's surface.

• Like 2

Bathe the eyes with cooled tea it may sound daft but u ask any vet as tea is a natural antiseptic and wont sting or anythin. I usef this after my vet told me about it he is a big terrier man. Make sure all the dirt is from under the lids and there is a flad it can sometimes get stuk in. Also if the haze turns to green blister, haze or glaze go the vets asap. My terrier Had this but not from the result of dirt it was something else that scratched her eye but apparently dirt can cause the same if left un removed and left to scratch away at the eye and if can b very serious as my terrier has now got one eye after a expensive operation on tuesday

cheers lads i have been cleaning everyday with salt water and i do use tea bags aswell works good but i aint seen much improvment but not got any worse so i am going to try him with penecilin under its lids thanks for all the advice and if any more advice please let me no cheers