fox callers

I've tried them all down the years I'm not trying to say I'm any expert but IMO the tenterfield is the best. All the other types do work to a certain extent, though over the last few years in the areas I hunt, foxs have become scarce due to heavy lamping with rifle men. Because off this I've noticed that most foxs are very reluctant to come in any distance whatsoever. Ive had most of my luck lately with the home made tenterfields.

If they are really lamp shy and you can afford it, a night vision scope is the job to bring with you when your out lamping. Get them in close to you then hey presto !!! Atb

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have to agree with DanW. I usually had to hunt on my own and I found using my hand was awkward and sometimes messy (depending on what was on your hands at the time). Holding back a dog that had seen

Iv tried to do it on my hand but the noises I produce sound more like I'm messing my pants rather than a distressed animal, foxes must be thinking f**k going over near that dirty c**t haha!!!

Maybe it's me but using my hand to call has never appealed normally cause my hands are covered in blood etc so use one of these http://www.foxcalluk.co.uk/ found them to be pretty good and don't need

Why were u from, And exactly what are you saying is b sh it. That method is used a lot by many lads I know. I've only seen one clip on utube off it working and it was in the daytime with a rifle. So if you've seen anymore you've obviously spent more time on utube than myself.

Edited to say that clip was put up for a member off here that was genuinely interested in the caller, not for smartass remarks from no it alls. Atb

Edited by SON OFF SHAM

Tenterfield caller a good job. I make my own and they're great for very long and short distance calls, takes plenty of practice to get it though. I find them the most productive. Jmo

Agree 100% re tenterfield whistle pal, have been using it for years and have not found anything better to get then in from distance, and again you can change the pitch when they come in close, also use the U-Caller and find it very good, but if I only had one to pick it from would be the terterfield whistle. Once you master it you will never look back. Simple to make.

Tenterfield caller a good job. I make my own and they're great for very long and short distance calls, takes plenty of practice to get it though. I find them the most productive. Jmo

Agree 100% re tenterfield whistle pal, have been using it for years and have not found anything better to get then in from distance, and again you can change the pitch when they come in close, also use the U-Caller and find it very good, but if I only had one to pick it from would be the terterfield whistle. Once you master it you will never look back. Simple to make.

At least someone knows what they're talking about lol. Cheers lurcher atb

thats bull shit mate the tender field fox call does not work here you have been watching to many aussie vids

Have you tried to master the whisle pal, lot of lads get f****d off with it after a while cos they cant get the hang of it, when you say that the whislte dont work here, what do you mean??

thats bull shit mate the tender field fox call does not work here you have been watching to many aussie vids

Have you tried to master the whisle pal, lot of lads get f****d off with it after a while cos they cant get the hang of it, when you say that the whislte dont work here, what do you mean??

:thumbs: good link below

http://huntandshoot....ld-fox-whistle/

Edited by Good Man