Note to mods .

We do 'step outside the circle' when it comes to moderating anyone's content or removing them from the forum, but aside from that we are entitled to an opinion on any matters we wish to offer one on.. :yes: If we were moderating based on personal feelings, likes and dislikes, you might have a valid point..

Yes I appreciate that for the most part you do view from without, and a very good job you all do of it. Especially in regards to the likes and dislikes. There are, shall we term them certain strong flavours, that I personally would see more moderating input applied to. But then that's just me. But what I actually posted was

Which means stepping outside of the circle when it comes to contentious issues and offering comments. You cant have you cake and eat it.

Which is a slightly different ball of wax.

I'm all for freedom of speech and the expression of valid opinions. Exercising that freedom at the appropriate time is another matter entirely. What constitutes an appropriate time depends on the appertaining circumstances.

Can't see much difference between what you said and the reply I gave if I'm honest. :no: It might help if you define what you would refer to as a 'contentious issue', as your definition and the next persons may differ.. :yes:

I admit that to a certain degree I am splitting hairs. But I do believe that my point is valid. To try and provide a definitive example of a 'contentious issue' might be, is rather difficult given the fact that they are by their very nature something of a moving target , being as they are subjected to individual POV. But funnily enough we all seem to be able to recognise one when we see one.

e.g. capital punishment.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do we have to put up with personal vendetas on the forum .If you want articles and topics related to the subforums then have a word as i for one cant be assed with it .Those that post derogatory

If you want specifics then it's easy every one is sick to death of you and capreolus bitching on at wireviz about some bloody highseat that non of us give a toss about.   that specific enough?

Gents, why dont we try and help the mods clean up the dregs off here then?, they cant spot every arsehole or arshole post that gets put up, so we should all try and help them clean up our site by hitt

You do like your big words :laugh: As for us having "strong flavours", thats just human nature, yet it doesn't mean we let that taint our decisions when moderating.

I like most words big , or small. In the right context and the right place. Of course.

There are approximately 750k words in the English language of which approximately 220k are in everyday usage. Your average university graduate has a vocabulary of approximately 6K= depending upon the subject and the university. Your average Daily Star reader has a vocabulary of less than 1k. The average HTL member...........well who am I to judge. :lol:

We are all subject to human nature. What matters is what you do with it. You can opt to get down in the sewers with the rats and the detritus or you can opt to climb the stairs to the fresh air.

Personally I prefer the fresh air.

It is blatantly obvious that you allow the strong flavours to proliferate. You only have to glance at the language used on a great number of posts to appreciate that.

Is that good, do you like being associated with the language of the gutter, do you like to see it used in every other post, or would you prefer to be associated with and see something more positive?

Well f**k me gently :laugh: I make no apologies for anything i post on here, and regardless of the "average" HTL??? :laugh: member, is there such thing as an average. My vocabulary suits me, as does my degree, does a University education make me and better then a member who left school with nothing? Not in my opinion, actions not words show a persons character.......

You do like your big words :laugh: As for us having "strong flavours", thats just human nature, yet it doesn't mean we let that taint our decisions when moderating.

I like most words big , or small. In the right context and the right place. Of course.

There are approximately 750k words in the English language of which approximately 220k are in everyday usage. Your average university graduate has a vocabulary of approximately 6K= depending upon the subject and the university. Your average Daily Star reader has a vocabulary of less than 1k. The average HTL member...........well who am I to judge. :lol:

We are all subject to human nature. What matters is what you do with it. You can opt to get down in the sewers with the rats and the detritus or you can opt to climb the stairs to the fresh air.

It is blatantly obvious that you allow the strong flavours to proliferate. You only have to glance at the language used on a great number of posts to appreciate that.

Is that good, do you like being associated with the language of the gutter, do you like to see it used in every other post, or would you prefer to be associated with and see something more positive?

Well f**k me gently :laugh: I make no apologies for anything i post on here, and regardless of the "average" HTL??? :laugh: member, is there such thing as an average. My vocabulary suits me, as does my degree, does a University education make me and better then a member who left school with nothing? Not in my opinion, actions not words show a persons character.......

I'll tell you what Simon, for someone who want's to give the appearance of being naturally highly articulate and intelligent, he don't half hang about at the bottom of the screen in between giving replies.. ;)

I rather not f**k you at all. :bad:

You say actions not words shows a person character. Really?

So opinions and how we express those opinion, how we interact with our fellow humans through the medium of verbal and written communication counts for nothing in your considered opinion.

May be Horace the fruit bat might be a better choice as a moderator. :laugh:

Its been good to talk. :D

I'll tell you what Simon, for someone who want's to give the appearance of being naturally highly articulate and intelligent, he don't half hang about at the bottom of the screen in between giving replies.. ;)

Some of us can and do multi task you know. Shocking as that might seem to some of our more unevolved readers.

Edited by gerfalcon

I rather not f**k you at all. :bad:

You say actions not words shows a person character. Really?

So opinions and how we express those opinion, how we interact with our fellow humans through the medium of verbal and written communication counts for nothing in your considered opinion.

May be Horace the fruit bat might be a better choice as a moderator. :laugh:

Its been good to talk. :D

If only i could say the same and mean it......

We have a telly here in the house and its got numerous channels on it and if i dont like a channel i use my perogative and turn it over to another channel that lights my candle simple really .

I dont go moaning to all and sundry Please sir i dont like the program,

I personally could not give a monkeys what you few think ,when some idiot makes adverse comments about a life threatning procedure that i have had to endure and constantly make derogatory comments about it on an open forum and has done for many months and also bad mouthed some of the moderators friends on here it was about time someone took the culprit to account.

When You have something positive and constructive to add to this forum like a few of us have with many years of experience then maybe I will listen to your views ,in the meantime I suggest you keep your own council.

If you took note you would see that I had lots to offer freely incl stalking and educational articles .

If the moderators feel any different fine I will remove myself from the forum no problem and wont make any further posts whatsoever.

Moderators choice but one thing for sure my views in respect to this individual stands, I hope I have made my point more than clear.

Regards All

Stuart

Stu,before Gerfalcon(Harry)came on and then back on(after being thrown off)your posts were both positive and informative,but,since his return I'm afraid you get dragged into his stupidity,so,if you feel the need to,and I mean both of you crack on about something that only you two are interested in then why not start your own thread and you can both go on as much as you want to,and I for one would stay away from it,and I would hope the rest would also.Just a thought.......Martin

• Like 2

Anyway fellas. Duty calls. Time to go lamping.

gerfalcon.. Do you want to continue using this forum? Its a wonder If its full of people who you wish to rise above...why not head over to one of the upperclass stalking forums...

OR maybe you could shut up being a complete pompous fuckwit and post something beneficial for everyone, instead of the drivel...excuse the French..

Guest thebigdog

is this c**t for real or what? coming out with this shite and not even on here a month. here mucks, do us all a favour and f**k off. twat :thumbs:

gerfalcon.. Do you want to continue using this forum? Its a wonder If its full of people who you wish to rise above...why not head over to one of the upperclass stalking forums...

OR maybe you could shut up being a complete pompous fuckwit and post something beneficial for everyone, instead of the drivel...excuse the French..

Ian he might but I don't ,In all honesty its not a place I want to be, having seen first hand and having to endure shite remarks from a certain individual . I bit my tongue long enough . Is always been my philosophy in life to help others , just as i was helped into stalking it cost me very little as a voluntary Ranger for someone who today is regarded as one of the leading authorities in Wild Life Management , that was some 35 years ago. The picture in my avator is me in those early days, I am 65 years of age now and i try to impart the knowledge that I have gained over the years to up and coming would be stalkers and i mentor them totally free of charge and provide them with that opportunity as some here have taken advantage of the offers i have made.

I get considerable satisfaction and pleasure in helping those persons who may not be so fortunate financially in coming into the sport.

Unfortunately what I have seen here on this forum and been subjected to by certain individuals i can only describe as a pack of dogs.

Therefore it is with deep regret that you remove my name and please remove all posts that I have made as I no longer wish to be associated with this forum.

All the lads that I have agreed to take out in recent posts please contact me on the email contact number provided.

Wish you all many years of good hunting

Kind Regards

Stuart

:laugh::thumbs: