Note to mods .

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do we have to put up with personal vendetas on the forum .If you want articles and topics related to the subforums then have a word as i for one cant be assed with it .Those that post derogatory

If you want specifics then it's easy every one is sick to death of you and capreolus bitching on at wireviz about some bloody highseat that non of us give a toss about.   that specific enough?

Gents, why dont we try and help the mods clean up the dregs off here then?, they cant spot every arsehole or arshole post that gets put up, so we should all try and help them clean up our site by hitt

Only half ? You two are legends in your own right, We'll have to save Malt a seat on the window lickers bus next to us Simo??, he's a prime candidate i reckon, got dribbler written all over him................ Be a hell of a ride that wouldn't it, :yes::boogy:

Only half ? You two are legends in your own right, We'll have to save Malt a seat on the window lickers bus next to us Simo??, he's a prime candidate i reckon, got dribbler written all over him................ Be a hell of a ride that wouldn't it, :yes::boogy:

Your right, half was a very low estimate, Mal is worthy of a seat, in fact we ought to have a Noahs Ark style coach with 32 seats and who we could save on Noahs coach :laugh:

I personally think the mods have a tough job to do on here, and it probably takes some of the enjoyment out of the site for them. I dont think that they do a bad job of it either.

Perhaps something the forum management could think about, is a button that anybody could hit, that would then make a thread invisible to them. Then if somebody didnt want to read a particular thread, and all the updates to that thread, they wouldnt have to!

I have a sneaky suspicion though that not many people would hit that button though, just in case they missed out on something! :thumbs:

• Like 2

Well theres three seats already spoken for, you'd have to get JUDGE 2010 on board for the entertainment aspect,( just dont mention shit to him thats all or he'll come over all unneccesary), so theres for, Labtastic, theres 5, we may have to put a trailer behind the ark the rate we are collecting dribblers, Dotty Doo, another star dribbler. :toast:

Well theres three seats already spoken for, you'd have to get JUDGE 2010 on board for the entertainment aspect,( just dont mention shit to him thats all or he'll come over all unneccesary), so theres for, Labtastic, theres 5, we may have to put a trailer behind the ark the rate we are collecting dribblers, Dotty Doo, another star dribbler. :toast:

My coach is executive, very high standard so members could differ :D

We do 'step outside the circle' when it comes to moderating anyone's content or removing them from the forum, but aside from that we are entitled to an opinion on any matters we wish to offer one on.. :yes: If we were moderating based on personal feelings, likes and dislikes, you might have a valid point..

Yes I appreciate that for the most part you do view from without, and a very good job you all do of it. Especially in regards to the likes and dislikes. There are, shall we term them certain strong flavours, that I personally would see more moderating input applied to. But then that's just me. But what I actually posted was

Which means stepping outside of the circle when it comes to contentious issues and offering comments. You cant have you cake and eat it.

Which is a slightly different ball of wax.

I'm all for freedom of speech and the expression of valid opinions. Exercising that freedom at the appropriate time is another matter entirely. What constitutes an appropriate time depends on the appertaining circumstances.

Perhaps something the forum management could think about, is a button that anybody could hit, that would then make a thread invisible to them. Then if somebody didnt want to read a particular thread, and all the updates to that thread, they wouldnt have to!

Thats already here.......its call an ignore list you'll find it under settings.

It actually works very well I have used it once or twice.

We do 'step outside the circle' when it comes to moderating anyone's content or removing them from the forum, but aside from that we are entitled to an opinion on any matters we wish to offer one on.. :yes: If we were moderating based on personal feelings, likes and dislikes, you might have a valid point..

Yes I appreciate that for the most part you do view from without, and a very good job you all do of it. Especially in regards to the likes and dislikes. There are, shall we term them certain strong flavours, that I personally would see more moderating input applied to. But then that's just me. But what I actually posted was

Which means stepping outside of the circle when it comes to contentious issues and offering comments. You cant have you cake and eat it.

Which is a slightly different ball of wax.

I'm all for freedom of speech and the expression of valid opinions. Exercising that freedom at the appropriate time is another matter entirely. What constitutes an appropriate time depends on the appertaining circumstances.

Can't see much difference between what you said and the reply I gave if I'm honest. :no: It might help if you define what you would refer to as a 'contentious issue', as your definition and the next persons may differ.. :yes:

You do like your big words :laugh: As for us having "strong flavours", thats just human nature, yet it doesn't mean we let that taint our decisions when moderating.

I like most words big , or small. In the right context and the right place. Of course.

There are approximately 750k words in the English language of which approximately 220k are in everyday usage. Your average university graduate has a vocabulary of approximately 6K= depending upon the subject and the university. Your average Daily Star reader has a vocabulary of less than 1k. The average HTL member...........well who am I to judge. :lol:

We are all subject to human nature. What matters is what you do with it. You can opt to get down in the sewers with the rats and the detritus or you can opt to climb the stairs to the fresh air.

Personally I prefer the fresh air.

It is blatantly obvious that you allow the strong flavours to proliferate. You only have to glance at the language used on a great number of posts to appreciate that.

Is that good, do you like being associated with the language of the gutter, do you like to see it used in every other post, or would you prefer to be associated with and see something more positive?

You do like your big words :laugh: As for us having "strong flavours", thats just human nature, yet it doesn't mean we let that taint our decisions when moderating.

I like most words big , or small. In the right context and the right place. Of course.

There are approximately 750k words in the English language of which approximately 220k are in everyday usage. Your average university graduate has a vocabulary of approximately 6K= depending upon the subject and the university. Your average Daily Star reader has a vocabulary of less than 1k. The average HTL member...........well who am I to judge. :lol:

We are all subject to human nature. What matters is what you do with it. You can opt to get down in the sewers with the rats and the detritus or you can opt to climb the stairs to the fresh air.

Personally I prefer the fresh air.

It is blatantly obvious that you allow the strong flavours to proliferate. You only have to glance at the language used on a great number of posts to appreciate that.

Is that good, do you like being associated with the language of the gutter, do you like to see it used in every other post, or would you prefer to be associated with and see something more positive?

you no likey you can always fecky offy :thumbs: