dogs seized in belfast

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats what happens when you brag on the internet and put stupid pics up

how the hell can you say that about fellow dog men,out of all the stupid comments iv seen you written that tops it off .Would you say the same if that were me or the lads i hunt with and you know them

what i love about it there's bombs that could f*****g kill people being found all over the country and there wasting time and money on people hunting with dogs

I'll tell you how it works in Scotland if you are working your dogs legally with permission carrying out legal pest control you can justify your actions if however you are operating ilegally you do not have any justification and any injuries your dogs sustain will be classed as unnecessary suffering as you had no legal justification for your actions. A lot of people forget if you work dogs you may have to justify what you do in court.

Well it's well within the law in n.Ireland to dig foxs and dispatch them with a lurcher. The issue is uspca are using this unnecessary pain and suffering act, because they have FCUK all else they can do. Clutching at straws !! Maybe I've been informed wrong, though I believe the Internet could have been a BIG factor in that happening today in bfast.

• Like 1

If you are after a legal definition I pulled this off the internet;

The words “wantonly or unreasonably” do not appear in the other offences of cruelty. In the 1993 cases of Hall v. RSPCA and RSPCA v. Isaacs, which were decided on consecutive days, the Divisional Court held that, based on a close reading of the wording of the second limb of section 1(1)(a), an offence under that limb is committed only where the suffering of an animal:

(a) was unnecessary, in the sense of its not being inevitable despite proper husbandry,
and

(
B)
resulted from the unreasonable acts or omissions of the defendant.

In real terms, it means what ever RSPCA can convince the magistrates/judge it means. There are numerous cases cited on the Self Help Group webiste (www.the-shg.org) where a terrier received excellent medical care from its owner. It was stated in court (and admitted by the RSPCA's own witnesses) that the animal would not have received any better care from a vet. However, the prosecution still suceeded on the basis that the animal was not taken to a vet.

If you have a child and that child sustains an injury which is within your ability to treat (grazed knee for example) would you still take the child to the doctor? Of course not. But the RSPCA expect a dog (or other animal) to see a vet for any injury, no matter how minor. And they are prepared to expend millions of pounds every year attempting to prosecute those who disagree with them.

That's it in a nutshell. Well said mate.

Can someone explain "unnecessary suffering" ?

Maybe something like this..

http://news.bbc.co.u...von/3593318.stm

im lost i cant see any explaination of unnecessary ssuffering there

??

can you see any unecessary suffering on that link

Yes, that link is full of unecessary suffering. I believe the point Waz is trying to make that the reluctance of the UK Government to tackle the badger population is resulting in widespread bTB in badgers. This is turn is being passed onto cattle which suffer before being destroyed. It also causes huge amounts of suffering to beef and dairy farmers. If the badger was a game animal, as in Europe, then hunters and terrier men could control the population for free, instead of costing the estimated £1.5 million per hectare the cull is estimated to cost.

• Like 3

very true that last statement ,got a few farmer freinds here and in newry and hear in scotland they have problems with tb ,over there but he suspects not just badgers over crowding with cattle in sheds in winter causing him problems maybe the badger starts it of , with cleaning his beds out and full of urine and piss and cattle eat it then infect it he doesnt like badgers full stop , ye the badger should be classed as a game animal for his pelt and sporting ways , they used to have old books on badger digging was like a sporting day out terriers ,food , diggers , must had been a good day back then i think they had lots of white terriers russel types , its legal in the states to dig badgers ,the american badger is more of a loner ,the hunting ban cruelty ban ,has cost this country a lot of money ,al the charity funds who are bigged up thi nking there police all conflab with each other just police men with a sspca badge they go to ireland try and educate the police , even tho thats difficult lol do whatever you may and keep it to your close freinds

• Like 2

in america youi by a licence to kill game or varmits ch think depending on state the price tag you get trapping licences that let you trap badgers otters coyotes mink foxes martins , etc , this country and ireland should be the same , get permision get alicence and kil or release what farmer or landowner wants you to control i think its abad day when aman saves up his hard earned money buys land then agoverment body or charity can tell you what to do with your land , i wonder if the ispca were so keen to go in areas lke south armargh when they were busy etc feching wanks

yes the lads are on this site one of which started a tread on russels last week and got abit of stick for selling a dog for 700 quid from what i hav heard they got caught on camera doing a cat and got there house hit knowing of working dogs at the premises and are facing charges some of the dogs hav been posted on this site to that they got taking away 5 in all as well as hunting gear and other stuff.

dont get me wrong here lads i work my terriers my self and take my hat off to the lads who go out and know the crack in this day and age.if its the lad i am thinking of what do you expect putting photos up of dogs with the jaw gone you just carnt do this shit anymore all you are doing is building a case for the arsepca yourself i hope it goes well for the lad i really do but looking at some of his pics hes f**ked sorry to say it but thats the top and bottom of it he obviously worked his dogs but there should only be a select few what really goes off and this aint the place atb and keep safe ks

lads i dont care about other peoples dogs that their business and what they do or say is up to them....obviously theses people talk to lads they shudent be...keep you dogs to your own....so thats why people deserve what they get....other people might have different oppions but thats mine...end of