dogs seized in belfast

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats what happens when you brag on the internet and put stupid pics up

how the hell can you say that about fellow dog men,out of all the stupid comments iv seen you written that tops it off .Would you say the same if that were me or the lads i hunt with and you know them

what i love about it there's bombs that could f*****g kill people being found all over the country and there wasting time and money on people hunting with dogs

If you are after a legal definition I pulled this off the internet;

The words “wantonly or unreasonably” do not appear in the other offences of cruelty. In the 1993 cases of Hall v. RSPCA and RSPCA v. Isaacs, which were decided on consecutive days, the Divisional Court held that, based on a close reading of the wording of the second limb of section 1(1)(a), an offence under that limb is committed only where the suffering of an animal:

(a) was unnecessary, in the sense of its not being inevitable despite proper husbandry,
and

(
B)
resulted from the unreasonable acts or omissions of the defendant.

In real terms, it means what ever RSPCA can convince the magistrates/judge it means. There are numerous cases cited on the Self Help Group webiste (www.the-shg.org) where a terrier received excellent medical care from its owner. It was stated in court (and admitted by the RSPCA's own witnesses) that the animal would not have received any better care from a vet. However, the prosecution still suceeded on the basis that the animal was not taken to a vet.

If you have a child and that child sustains an injury which is within your ability to treat (grazed knee for example) would you still take the child to the doctor? Of course not. But the RSPCA expect a dog (or other animal) to see a vet for any injury, no matter how minor. And they are prepared to expend millions of pounds every year attempting to prosecute those who disagree with them.

good enough for them

how the hell can you say that about fellow dog men,out of all the stupid comments iv seen you written that tops it off .Would you say the same if that were me or the lads i hunt with and you know them ,i think not
  • Like 6

feck me are you all dog men or what these lads could have had there dogs out the day before they were caught,and i as a terrier man have had some smashed up dogs in my time and im sure if they visited me the day after some of these outings id worry but thats terrier work so dont judge the lads till ya know the full story and im sure 99% of true terrier men would feel the same as me about this

• Like 3