Disaster in cumbria on saturday!

Well after a long hard week at work i thought i would take a look upto Cumbria with my little brother for a spot of ferreting, after an hour and a half drive we arrive at Cumbria to opened the car door it nearly snapped of the wind was out of control, i was in two minds weather to drive back home or stick out this weather, i decided to stick it out.

After a 20 minute walk up the hills we came across a hillside which had about 10 sets on, there was no escape from the wild winds, so we though of a way how we were going to tackle these sets, and decided to net them all there was a nearby bush were the dogs could not get into, and boy this was a bad idea the first net was all over the place but abit sand on each side they were fine.

So in goes the ferret, there was a long 30minute, no movement no thumping no sign of the ferret so we located the ferret and a 10minute 4ft dig we got to the ferret and 1 bunny was in the bag.

so we moved further along the bankside and set the nets up was a matter of seconds as the ferret entred the set, boom! 1 bunny hit the net and rolled down to my feet, and lost another 3 due to the nets blowing off the holes, but in all we bagged 4 rabbits which was better than none in my opinion

post-67700-0-25957000-1322416079_thumb.jpg

• Like 1