who can repair deben mk1 ferret finders for me???

It would be good to have an idea of prices but also good if someone could post how to do it. So many people have asked the same quession all over the internet and not one has had a reply of "how to do it"

Has Deben got some inside connections at a very high leavel to lock down all information regarding the MK1 box and its workings. For them to take the trouble to remove the chip numbers on all their devices it makes me think it was either very easy and cheap to make OR they want repairs all sewn up and the box had to be returned for repair.

The trouble is, they made a great product that lasted much longer than anyone thought possible (a bit like the old Landrover). Like most electric stuff, if you know what your doing its easy, I just wish I had more info to share....... why dont people want to share knowledge any more. Or is it they dont know?

• 10 months later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi my name is david arthurs l am a radio ham call sign g7ogr l have been repairing deden grey boxes for 26 years l also make mk1 collars with a 12 month warranty my mobile no is 07951 286630

Used this lad and its a very good service nice to know a few can keep the knocker knocking

what is the price for a typical repair?? are thay worth repairing or cheaper to buy working ones?

hi my name is david arthurs l am a radio ham call sign g7ogr l have been repairing deden grey boxes for 26 years l also make mk1 collars with a 12 month warranty my mobile no is 07951 286630

I used Dave Arthurs,- a great lad and service.

I seen a mk1 box on fleabay i was surprised how much they are fetching. ..ive got a couple kicking around somewhere i will have to dig them out god knows where tho haven't used them in 15 years....do people prefer the mk1's ? I'm out of touch with that side of things now.

I used Dave Arthurs,- a great lad and service.

He has cancer mate apparently and not doing any work till he is mended mate

It would be good to have an idea of prices but also good if someone could post how to do it. So many people have asked the same quession all over the internet and not one has had a reply of "how to do it"

Has Deben got some inside connections at a very high leavel to lock down all information regarding the MK1 box and its workings. For them to take the trouble to remove the chip numbers on all their devices it makes me think it was either very easy and cheap to make OR they want repairs all sewn up and the box had to be returned for repair.

The trouble is, they made a great product that lasted much longer than anyone thought possible (a bit like the old Landrover). Like most electric stuff, if you know what your doing its easy, I just wish I had more info to share....... why dont people want to share knowledge any more. Or is it they dont know?

Another one wanting somat for nowt off the internet, these lads that know how to repair the boxes might be making part of there living from this, why would you give away the info for free

Somebody else wanting somat fer nowt off the internet, these lads that repair the boxes dont have to give up the info on repairing them, why should they, would you give somebody the info to take part of your livelihood away?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 27/11/2011 at 13:15, robbo said:

mick dadd from sheffield repairs them mate. can pm you his number if you want it.

Hi mate  could you  let me have  Mick dadds  number  as I have  300 plus purse nets I want to  sell they are made  by  melv  fox who yoused  to nitt  for him  my name is  John  thanks 

40 minutes ago, John fantom said:

Hi mate  could you  let me have  Mick dadds  number  as I have  300 plus purse nets I want to  sell they are made  by  melv  fox who yoused  to nitt  for him  my name is  John  thanks 

Yes please  mate