j j greenwood

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sounds a good dog trainer what year did he win it , obeideince is good but natural hunting and good stile better ,eye used to obeidece train them but better with a more natura stile and not to heavy o

thats shocking, charging folk to pass on the ways of the country, be it ferreting, lamping or anything no wonder our passion is dying, an for anybody else reading this,   DO NOT PAY THE MAN FFS, GET

thought about it befor inan,, get a caravan on one of my farms,, arrive fri night lamp,,, all day sat ferreting,,, sat night lamp ,, go home sunday, so 2 nights on the lamp and a days ferreting £100

Posted Images

I sort of agree Whin, would love to be out with the dogs every day and paid for it.... but paid to teach rabbiting..... I couldn't imagine the old lads who took me out taking a penny for a day out with the ferrets.

If the bloke makes a living out of it fair play to him, but paying for a day out rabbiting seems strange to me. I can't see many people who have never been before waking up one day and thinking I want to go ferreting....... If you have been before you would go again with the person who first took you surely. After a couple of times you know you like it you learn by yourself get a ferret get some nets ect like I said not rocket science. You may not catch as many as some but that wont change if you spend 350 quid for a couple of days learning in scotland.

I suppose I've been lucky ( like most I reckon) and been surrounded by like minded people who were willing to take me since I was a kid and although I've had a while out of the game it wasn't long before I was out with like minded people again. :thumbs:

• Like 1

have a lad comes round every sat sun morning to view the the birds he s got it i can see this few and far between these days studies listens and watches , this his how it should be to take and actually charge crazy prices for a bit of ferriring lamping says it all , What i would say to those wishing to venture up on the moors or further north get a few summer holidays and do a bit of knocking you will get ground for rabbs , with out paying the the local high way man hundreds of pounds . yall be surprised what a case of drambue will get ya atb best to the genuine folk of hunting . bunnys.

• Like 3

I know they did days out for people wanting to learn about ferreting etc, but I would imagine that this is aimed more at the 'pet' type owner who wants to take a comfortable break in Scotland and do a bit of ferreting at the same time. Jim's a genuine bloke, a bloody good dog behaviourist and a top lurcherman IMO: I hope he gets plenty of custom at a time when there's not a lot of dosh about. Having said that, there's still plenty of people with money...............just not on THL LOL

Do pet type owners want to spend almost 400 sheets on a weekend break to kill bunnies? :laugh: Second thoughts i like the idea, any people out there want a ratting break with a terrier, you can kip in my spare room, have a pot noodle, toast for breakfast and i'll even treat you to a pizza at night...£300 per day :tongue2:

Only messing, as i say best of luck to him, although i maintain its expensive

Yes we do!

It may seem steep, but his help and info is spot on. The only thing you need to bring is your dog. He covers everything from food to insurance.

Have been on one of his days (not the Scotland weekend) - was struggling to find someone to go out with - it isn't just a day in a field. It is advice, instruction and fun.

He is there for you and your dogs, not his bunny count. And his help and advice continues after the weekend. No cocky comments for asking questions like you can get on here. He's a sound bloke.

If any of you lads are willing to offer the same cheaper, I'm interested.

But surely your someone getting into the sport, rather than George and Mildred down the road with pet Vizla Tibbles who one day wake up and think rather than an all inclusive in Madrid, lets go kill some bunnies? :tongue2: For £375 i would hope i didn't have to bring food and insurance, and of course you wont get cocky comments, hes getting £375 off you :thumbs: I have taken a few lads out, im no expert, not at all, just been happy to take a few youngsters out and show them a nights lamping. And as we already said Raiye, me and thee will get out this season, and if i can help in anyway thats great, i enjoy watching otehrs enjoy their sport :victory:

Looking forward to it Simo :thumbs:

When I 'did' a days ferreting with Jim, I had never done anything at all. I had worked previously with him as a trainer and liked him.

He's good with his dogs, good with mine and no bullsh!t.

"The cost per person £375 or Couple £700 This includes two nights with dinner, B&B and packed lunch or as you are right in the middle of the field, soup etc at the house a very good tea with lots of cakes. The rooms are all en-suite - they 4 star with the tourist board - and very comfy. There is what was the garden at the back with a deer fence for any dogs who you aren't too sure how far they will run. There is lots of space for the dogs to work and also varied conditions from open fields to a quarry which is hotching with rabbit holes."

Added with his training and behaviour, as well as working knowledge, I think it a good deal.

FFS jim must be hung like a donkey to have all the ladies talking about him

NOTHING WRONG WITH SELF ENTERPRISING BUT NOT WITH SCOTTISH RABBITS BUT IF HE IS A SCOT THEM CHARGE AND DO WELL LOL

Jim Greenwood is, indeed, a Scot.

And he puts an awful lot into the world of lurchers.

YEAH thats when hes not robbing you ,JIM ME ASS

jims put alot into lurchers , fech what an achievment , so has alot others hunting breeding traveling for the love of the hunt , saw jims dog work she was the best of a mediocre bunch that year ,but a good dog all the same, but 700 is abit steep ,4 to 5 hundred more than enough i wouldnt charge any more than that at the most , and there would be added exitment with me lol but 700 hunred is alot of money ,but if you get it take it as i say , but wear a mans cause dick turpin did lol

Sometimes you have no option but to pay. Ok not those kind of prices but it is really difficult to find someone who is willing to teach you the ropes. Many people say they will but when it comes down to it you never get that phone call. I've put up requests on this site myself asking but not had any response. I ain't got much

money but Id gladly give someone a slab of beer for their help.

700 hunred is alot of money

A fool and his money are easily parted,as I always tell my kids cash is difficult to earn and easy to spend,use it wisely,but while people are prepared to shell out this ridiculous amount for what is a plebian fieldsport opportunity others will be only too pleased to take it from them,look at Pat Careys fieldsports experiences,foxing,rabbiting etc,he must have coined it in,payed off his mortgage longsince with taking guys out foxing but at least he has the grace to charge accordingly because 700 quid for a spot of rabbiting does cause a sharp intake of breath :icon_eek:

• Like 1
700 hunred is alot of money

A fool and his money are easily parted,as I always tell my kids cash is difficult to earn and easy to spend,use it wisely,but while people are prepared to shell out this ridiculous amount for what is a plebian fieldsport opportunity others will be only too pleased to take it from them,look at Pat Careys fieldsports experiences,foxing,rabbiting etc,he must have coined it in,payed off his mortgage longsince with taking guys out foxing but at least he has the grace to charge accordingly because 700 quid for a spot of rabbiting does cause a sharp intake of breath :icon_eek:

The amount of times my Dad has said that to me, I'm nearly 35 now and he must say it still once a week and " cash is king"

I wish I heeded his advice on a few occasions mind, particulary in the pub after finishing a decent cash job.......