Any of you know how to train guard dogs ?

Guest vin

I've had my share of burglars robbing my property as any of the lads on here who really know me will know.

3 times so far..plus my van emptied of all my worldly goods.

Today i caught another little gang..3 blokes 2 cars ..who were looking at robbing my house..i caught them out and they left before they got to the point of kicking my door down like last time .. . I live in a area of town surrounded by some dodgy estates and my property seems to be on the hit list for all the local tea leafs..LOL.

Anyway i could bleet on and on about how hard done to my family has been these last 2 years..but..thats life ! you got to get on with it..

So i was wondering if any of you chaps had any experience with guard dogs etc etc.. i could do with a rottweiller with a perminant rubber band tied round its bollox running up and down my drive and around my property..but thiefs would steal a pedigree dog round here..LOL

So i need an ugly old donkey of a yard dog that no one would want to nick that will eat anything that comes onto my property ( beside me and my wife and child if poss )

more of a deterant than anything else. but something that would protect my home and family while im out.

pitbull X grizzly bear would be nice.

believe me lads..its shite going out of your house and worrying what your gonna be coming back to..its spoiling my sport.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

friggin hell vin,all this song and dance, theres a good few hundred of us here that will lie and wait in your garden!! All we want is a bacon butty and all your permission

a freind of mine owns a pub and when he was goin to work exactley the same thing was hapening down here in cardiff he when and bought a doberman pup only a small bitch but what a dog good with his gr

I'd personally go for a GSD or Malinois and get some proper training put into it. You'd own a dog that you would enjoy rather than a lunatic you couldn't trust, and I know which one would be the first

Posted Images

My mates looking rid off his big ass Doberman because has work away that sort they out for yea

probably get nicked if its a pedigree mate..lol.

but please tell me more out of a matter of interest..PM me please..ive had a few dobermans in the past.

a freind of mine owns a pub and when he was goin to work exactley the same thing was hapening down here in cardiff he when and bought a doberman pup only a small bitch but what a dog good with his grand kids but if ur a stranger it wil av ur arm off soon sorted his problems i would say get somthing loyal like that ive seen some good collies on the farms i have to wont let u go up the path and will nip u if they have a chance

• Like 1

I've had my share of burglars robbing my property as any of the lads on here who really know me will know.

3 times so far..plus my van emptied of all my worldly goods.

Today i caught another little gang..3 blokes 2 cars ..who were looking at robbing my house..i caught them out and they left before they got to the point of kicking my door down like last time .. . I live in a area of town surrounded by some dodgy estates and my property seems to be on the hit list for all the local tea leafs..LOL.

Anyway i could bleet on and on about how hard done to my family has been these last 2 years..but..thats life ! you got to get on with it..

So i was wondering if any of you chaps had any experience with guard dogs etc etc.. i could do with a rottweiller with a perminant rubber band tied round its bollox running up and down my drive and around my property..but thiefs would steal a pedigree dog round here..LOL

So i need an ugly old donkey of a yard dog that no one would want to nick that will eat anything that comes onto my property ( beside me and my wife and child if poss )

more of a deterant than anything else. but something that would protect my home and family while im out.

pitbull X grizzly bear would be nice.

believe me lads..its shite going out of your house and worrying what your gonna be coming back to..its spoiling my sport.

If you want to train it properly then Simoman is who you want to speak too..... :thumbs:

a freind of mine owns a pub and when he was goin to work exactley the same thing was hapening down here in cardiff he when and bought a doberman pup only a small bitch but what a dog good with his grand kids but if ur a stranger it wil av ur arm off soon sorted his problems i would say get somthing loyal like that ive seen some good collies on the farms i have to wont let u go up the path and will nip u if they have a chance

I have had good results with gsd's but nothing has worked better than a well trained american bulldog. I was trained by an army dog handling instructor. Once you get the basics into them they will work well. but you need to spend a lot of time getting the recall right or you might well end up in jail.!!

I have had good results with gsd's but nothing has worked better than a well trained american bulldog. I was trained by an army dog handling instructor. Once you get the basics into them they will work well. but you need to spend a lot of time getting the recall right or you might well end up in jail.!!

We have plenty of signs up, all the gates are padlocked so it would have to be forced entry and to be fair for a Rotty her recall is good..I have worked hard at it. I will take my chances with the law if we have a break in and we are not home.

alright vin, i do know a lad locally that needs to get rid of his akita, its a big dog, not good with other dogs tho, so have to ensure he is kept seperate. not my idea of a nice dog to have about, but no one would get in with him there for sure.

We have plenty of signs up, all the gates are padlocked so it would have to be forced entry and to be fair for a Rotty her recall is good..I have worked hard at it. I will take my chances with the law if we have a break in and we are not home.

I would rather take my chances with the police than any burglar.. i have gates/padlocks/alarms/sensors/cameras.. the more you try to protect what you have the more they see it as a challenge..i took my camreas down after the last break in becasue ploice said its an attractant to thiefs,looking like ive got something to protect..ffsake.

trouble is one day i,ll end up hurting someone and then i,ll be in trouble...you cant win.

alright vin, i do know a lad locally that needs to get rid of his akita, its a big dog, not good with other dogs tho, so have to ensure he is kept seperate. not my idea of a nice dog to have about, but no one would get in with him there for sure.

no thanks mate..too much stress involved in that package..LOL..thanks for trying though..