anti advice

After looking at the topic with all the anti pics and names etc it got me thinking.

I go out on my own most of the time with a shotgun, .22 rimmy a bop and ferrets so far I havn't had the pleasure of any antis yet but what could I do if any do come onto my permission and start and what stories have you lot got.

Also would they stop and bug me or is it mostly hound hunts they try to fook up?

Hilly.

Well I used to shoot with a firearms officer and he said, and I quote..." put your gun 'in' your slip and knock f**k out of him!!!!"...

• Like 3

Not been bothered by them while out on my own, but have experienced them while out with the hounds, and on grouse shoots. In all honesty if you have firearm with you pack it away and call the old bill. The antis more than likely will be commiting aggravated trespass, but dont expect the the cops to do much, or turn up super fast.

I know this sounds a bit defeatist but you dont want any allegation of confrontation or threats of using your firearm against them, which they will say!

• Like 1

You'd have to be pretty unlucky to get hassled by the real deal antis while out shooting, they prefer to direct their attention at the hunts. I've only ever seen them once interfer at a shoot and i think it was just chance that one van load got seperated from the rest, took a wrong turn and bumped into a shoot day. Bad luck for everyone involved, shoot day was called off and their transit somehow fell in the duck pond.

Your more likely to get grief of individuals, usually trespassing dog walkers in my experience, they're usually harmless if a bit vocal and ignorant. Best thing to do is put the gun away and walk off. If they follow explain the trespass laws and offer to call the landowner and police. They're usually bored house wives who've read too much LACS propaganda not what I consider much of a threat.

• Like 1

I have been out and come across dog walkers that didnt think they were in the wrong when I had to tell them about whos land it was and they shouldnt be there and the reply was " its a free country".

I must admit it does worry me alittle if I,m out with the bird etc and someone starts just how far does it go?

Its a case for common sense, as has been said its not likely to happen anyway. It all depends how seriously you take your permission, some of my land owners wouldnt be happy if i took "its a free country" as an answer when telling idiots to leave, its not optional.

Edited by Tyla

I have been out and come across dog walkers that didnt think they were in the wrong when I had to tell them about whos land it was and they shouldnt be there and the reply was " its a free country".

I must admit it does worry me alittle if I,m out with the bird etc and someone starts just how far does it go?

I once had the it's a free country excuse thrown at me by a couple out with their unruly dogs who disrupted my shooting.I handed the woman a piece of paper and asked her to note down her address,she obviously asked why so I replied if it's that free a country then me and my mates will be round at yours this evening for a barbie will 8 oclock be ok?.On reflection it may not have been my best move cos that's when she started with the abuse,but when I said it I was rather smug lol.

Mike...