£200 not very well spent

I bought a pair of lundhag scout boots last year from cave and crag, had the first pair six months before they split just where your foot bends up by the toe, so sent them back and no fuss they sent me out a new pair, six months later same thing, they split in the same place as the last!

so sent them back at the tart of september and haven't heard anything from cave and crag since!, not happy at all!

Doesn't seem to matter how much a spent I dont seem to be able to keep a pair of boots on my feet for more than five minutes without them falling apart!

Cheers

Hyperion

I know exactly how you feel mate, i've tried Altberg, Meindl and more recently Lowa and had quality issues with them all, i might go for something like the Meindl Waldlaufer next and hope i can get a pair to last me a bit longer.

The Lundhag Syncro is £340.00........which is ridiculous money for a boot in my opinion, they would have to last me 10 years...lol....before i shelled out that kind of coin.

http://www.frjonesan...chainsaw-boots/

http://www.meindl.co.../Woodwalker-GTX

SINDASOX ;)

not really hunting boots but i got 2 pair of berghaus

pair of trainers and a sort of walking boot

and they have led a hard life i practically live in them and they hold up well though look battered.

the boots are ankle high and i did wear them 6 month solid when i first got them from going out ,allotment work ,down the pony field and walking the lurcher miles through rocky woodland.

if your just mooching or going for a nature ramble with the dogs they are ideal. :thumbs:

Been looking at them Paddybarr, thing is unless I get a refund on my lundhags I only have sixteen pence to spend on a pair of boots till next year some time! :cray:

Thing that get my back up more than any thing Sinda is that i bought a pair of grotty old work boots at a carboot for a quid and they have lasted me five months, granted I want wearing them out shooting or lamping but they were ok for mooching about with the mutts!

Cant believe the price of some boots these days though, no way can I afford to spent 200 quid plus every six months on boots!!!!