golf course

They aint easy but they can be caught. You need a clever dog for golfys. A dog that can remember the lay out of the place, where the rabbits will be and where they will run to when the light goes on and uses that knowledge to good effect. You still wont get big bags on golfys but it can be bloody good fun.

Do you honestly believe that a Lurcher, (or any breed of dog, for that matter), can show that degree of intelligence.... Remembering the lay of the land, where the quarry will be and where it will run to ???? I despair at some of the things that are said on this site at times !

Cheers.

• Like 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly believe that a Lurcher, (or any breed of dog, for that matter), can show that degree of intelligence.... Remembering the lay of the land, where the quarry will be and where it will ru

You could say that of any place matey.........where does it end? Do I not run on a southern golf course?.........or in cumbria because of the odd boulder?.........or maybe I lay off in the Cotswolds

Turbo bunnys on them, show a good dog up most of the time

I have tried golfcourses in the past, I think many have wheather they admit to it or not. I couldn't get on with it, forever walking the course prior to going out in the evening picking up rakes, balls, sand bags ect.... whippet or no whippet they are dangerous to work, the risks are out there all the time.

I have shot hundreds of rabbits from golf courses, and high numbers can be achieved in a quick session if your eye is in.

If you have a job to do to clear them, then a dog to complete the job would never be an option for me.

They aint easy but they can be caught. You need a clever dog for golfys. A dog that can remember the lay out of the place, where the rabbits will be and where they will run to when the light goes on and uses that knowledge to good effect. You still wont get big bags on golfys but it can be bloody good fun.

Do you honestly believe that a Lurcher, (or any breed of dog, for that matter), can show that degree of intelligence.... Remembering the lay of the land, where the quarry will be and where it will run to ???? I despair at some of the things that are said on this site at times !

Cheers.

Yes i do. Dogs are a lot more intellegent than a lot of so called dog men think they are. No they cant do algebra but they can certainly suss out where a rabbits going to run if they have seen rabbits run to that same place the last 10 times theyve been there. Maybe you should pay more attention to whats in front of you, even you might learn something too.

• Like 1
Guest long-tail

I have tried golfcourses in the past, I think many have wheather they admit to it or not. I couldn't get on with it, forever walking the course prior to going out in the evening picking up rakes, balls, sand bags ect.... whippet or no whippet they are dangerous to work, the risks are out there all the time.

I have shot hundreds of rabbits from golf courses, and high numbers can be achieved in a quick session if your eye is in.

If you have a job to do to clear them, then a dog to complete the job would never be an option for me.

dont think anyone could honestly say using the dog would be effective as you say can get some very good numbers shooting though :thumbs:

Cheers.

i have to agree with CP, even if a dog new the lay of the land, it still has to get behind a rabbit to catch it. it wont sit and wait for the rabbit to run to the same place as the others did. or not??

Cheers.

Yes i do. Dogs are a lot more intellegent than a lot of so called dog men think they are. No they cant do algebra but they can certainly suss out where a rabbits going to run if they have seen rabbits run to that same place the last 10 times theyve been there. Maybe you should pay more attention to whats in front of you, even you might learn something too.

I don't think I need to learn anything from you ! If your dogs know the lay of the land, where the rabbits are, and where they run to... but still haven't caught them after they have seen them run there at least ten times, perhaps they will never catch them !! LOL !!

Cheers.

Cheers.

I don't think I need to learn anything from you ! If your dogs know the lay of the land, where the rabbits are, and where they run to... but still haven't caught them after they have seen them run there at least ten times, perhaps they will never catch them !! LOL !!

Cheers.

There is plenty that you COULD learn from me though if only you wasnt such an ignorant mothers c**t. Iv nothing to worry about with regards to my dogs catch rate on golf courses or anywhere else. Maybe we should meet up. You run your amazing saluki that you cant find a picture of and put your money where your enormous mouth is and i will run my collie x. 5 runs each on a golf course neither of us have worked before.

Ian dont bother mate, the man(?)s a nob with nothing but words. He even struggles to string them together properly.

Cheers.

Cheers.

There is plenty that you COULD learn from me though if only you wasnt such an ignorant mothers c**t. Iv nothing to worry about with regards to my dogs catch rate on golf courses or anywhere else. Maybe we should meet up. You run your amazing saluki that you cant find a picture of and put your money where your enormous mouth is and i will run my collie x. 5 runs each on a golf course neither of us have worked before.

Ian dont bother mate, the man(?)s a nob with nothing but words. He even struggles to string them together properly.

I haven't got a Saluki !! Only your alter ego !an, seems to think so !

Cheers.

Mine catch on the golf course, squirrel hunting is better fun (day time of course) :boogy:

squirrels are a good laugh specially when there trying to fly :thumbs::laugh:

I've been around the golf course this evening, not a sodding squirrel in sight :cray:

well am out the night and it aint for squirrels,,,,, :yes:

My old bullx bitch used to whip them up didnt catch every one she run on there and there are certain parts on this golf course i didnt lamp due to being abit on the dangerous side but i used to pull a few off there when i went for a lamp on there