golf course

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you honestly believe that a Lurcher, (or any breed of dog, for that matter), can show that degree of intelligence.... Remembering the lay of the land, where the quarry will be and where it will ru

You could say that of any place matey.........where does it end? Do I not run on a southern golf course?.........or in cumbria because of the odd boulder?.........or maybe I lay off in the Cotswolds

Turbo bunnys on them, show a good dog up most of the time

right lads n lasses how many off your dogs can catch a rabbit on a golf course, mine have caught rabbits in most field but took him on golf course other night and wasn't even close, fast fuckers

ive a we bullx bitch just over 21tts shes a good bitch on golf course bunnys

They aint easy but they can be caught. You need a clever dog for golfys. A dog that can remember the lay out of the place, where the rabbits will be and where they will run to when the light goes on and uses that knowledge to good effect. You still wont get big bags on golfys but it can be bloody good fun.

• Like 1

Fast fuckers catch the odd rabbit but not many. Dont lamp them anymore dog near got killed last time chased a rabbit about 50 yards through a pile of trees was just waiting for him to hit 1 head on then once he made it out the rabbit ran into a 6 foot ditch and the dog hit it full pelt dont no how he survived :toast:

good whippit does well on short flat grass, with its fast take off pace and its ability to turn on a sixpence, or a dog that will throw they will always put extra in the bag. the other way is a collie type that stalks them down the beam :thumbs:

Best think do is find out where the setts are during the day and then lamp from there setts out the way to give the dog a better chance.

Think your small whippet type lucher is better for golf course but there as been few killed on them.A lot off things for dog to run into would not be the 1st place l would go lamping

Most course are a bit too dangerous to run the fast type dog you need on them. Some of my ground is turf like massive putting greens and my dog puts a few away but not loads. Most of our land is really flat even when its bare soil and rabbits cant half shift on it.

• Like 1