minshaws

cant beleive growin men argueing over a rabbit some of the worst lurxhers i ve saw could catch a rabbit, dogs who couldnt turn a hare roe preban or nash a fox , cant see what the argument ,most lurcher half crosses catch rabbs and if the man is a decent hunting man he will put the dog in the position to catch a few ,rabbits are fun but no real test unless there bolting them to dogs and ferrets or fast winter wheat short grass then they can motor done the rabbit thing full time years ago caut 3 to 4 thoudsand a year , great spot memories but all in all no big deal

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About the same as a few think of you and your super hounds really..

helped out right he as'' by stabing um all in the back'' n slateing all there dogs as soon as thave walked away for him'' thats just for starters... iv bin in dog game since i was 12 am 55 now

I don,t know anything about minshaws , and I,m not interested in other peoples arguments , but in the interest of fair play I,v got to say I think Brickie is a good fella , always been straight with me and I know he,s helped out lots of people on this site .

cant beleive growin men argueing over a rabbit some of the worst lurxhers i ve saw could catch a rabbit, dogs who couldnt turn a hare roe preban or nash a fox , cant see what the argument ,most lurcher half crosses catch rabbs and if the man is a decent hunting man he will put the dog in the position to catch a few ,rabbits are fun but no real test unless there bolting them to dogs and ferrets or fast winter wheat short grass then they can motor done the rabbit thing full time years ago caut 3 to 4 thoudsand a year , great spot memories but all in all no big deal

you say rabbits aren't a test yet you say roe are a test,,, i would say roe were far easier doesnt take a good en to make one panic and they're not exactly all that fast and yes i am talking daytime

if there not a test then why aren't big numbers took from golf courses?? :tongue2:

some of the land that we run (not the dales) is hard running for a dog, i think a few lads of here have been on the same place and will no what i am talking about. I am taking a lad on there tonight to see if his dog can handle the ground and catch the rabbits BUT i am 99% sure he will come on here tomorrow and tell you how hard the rabbits are..

I was lamping on them winter wheat fields twice last week and they ran like leverets but Don & Swift made them look no different!!

rabbits maybe aren't a test for the first 20-25 runs but after that the stamina and the drive of the dog comes into it, that's why some dogs collapse after 20 runs and some run & catch all night.. But i would rather have a dog that give me its all for 20 rabbits, rather than throw the towel in after 20..

I will agree rabbits aren't like a daytime hare but if you run plenty rabbits then IMO it does become a test for any dog.

Edited by frankel
  • Like 3

if there not a test then why aren't big numbers took from golf courses?? :tongue2:

some of the land that we run (not the dales) is hard running for a dog, i think a few lads of here have been on the same place and will no what i am talking about. I am taking a lad on there tonight to see if his dog can handle the ground and catch the rabbits BUT i am 99% sure he will come on here tomorrow and tell you how hard the rabbits are..

I was lamping on them winter wheat fields twice last week and they ran like leverets but Don & Swift made them look no different!!

rabbits maybe aren't a test for the first 20-25 runs but after that the stamina and the drive of the dog comes into it, that's why some dogs collapse after 20 runs and some run & catch all night.. But i would rather have a dog that give me its all for 20 rabbits, rather than throw the towel in after 20..

I will agree rabbits aren't like a daytime hare but if you run plenty rabbits then IMO it does become a test for any dog.

the bottom line mate with rabbits, is (where) you go.? Alot of places ive been to the rabbits are more eaiser than where i live south staffs.So getting say 25 in some places the dog done good, but to get 10 by me the dog done feckin brill as they lot harder. You right regards golf course they are very hard. :yes:

I don,t know anything about minshaws , and I,m not interested in other peoples arguments , but in the interest of fair play I,v got to say I think Brickie is a good fella , always been straight with me and I know he,s helped out lots of people on this site .

helped out right he as'' :icon_eek: by stabing um all in the back'' n slateing all there dogs as soon as thave walked away for him'' thats just for starters... iv bin in dog game since i was 12 am 55 now n i no n have met hundreds ov good lads witch r all still to this day good mates ov mine.. i herd about this guy long befour i came onto any hunting website'' by lads from al over north west.. that had run ins with him on websites'' hes the worst ov the worst'' n defo .. not to be trusted'' a lot ov people didnt take the advice about him... a lot ov people ''fecin'' do now ..... :cry: ATB..B

• Like 5

the bottom line mate with rabbits, is (where) you go.? Alot of places ive been to the rabbits are more eaiser than where i live south staffs.So getting say 25 in some places the dog done good, but to get 10 by me the dog done feckin brill as they lot harder. You right regards golf course they are very hard. :yes:

i no exactly what your saying mate, the rabbits around us are rockets.. I don't even go chasing them its a waste of time to be honest.

I think if a dog is catching 25 rabbits per night on any land that is good going its more than enough to carry and the dog has ran well.. On some of our permissions we don't take many 20- 25 per night so we have 4-5 decent nights, where as i could go on and walk the lot and have a very good score but i would only do that twice and there would be no ferreting over the winter and it would be pointless travelling 100 odd mile for not many runs.

yea we all heard kat is shite and everyone who wrote differant was given £200 to say so :laugh: :laugh:

but as long as she doesnt need tracking collers and shock collers while lamping suppose she will do :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

not on about kat credit were its dew kats a good rabbit bitch if we did not have a ban on us it would be nice to see her on a fox but we all now she is shite at them you told me her and lady would not go in till thay were three years old cos you fuked them as pups buy puting them on it to early silly mark fuked for 3years then retied at 5 or six y do you think i nocked you back for one of kats pups [bANNED TEXT] thay were born.wispa would not run rabbits if thay were way off and stop at hages you slaged the mishaw to death and back cos of your mistakes.it was lady that i was on about she would not run most of the rabbits and stop further off the heges than wispa but you sed shes geting on now 5 thats no age get real mark. we could go on tit for tat for the next six months talking this and that but iv not got the time and a dozen names on here to pat my self the back.we would not evan go on about bobcats pup or toffy you had off me or the other one you tride geting rid of off timber or all the hipe about blue wiping the floor with jim snipe lol the wered were he will not live with blue i drove from john agrots to lands end to see blue kats brother run and you did not let me see him run with some cock and bull story shame he looked a nice dog

what anouther guy'' who thinks the brick is'' MISS UNDERSTOOD!!! ... well seid mr lloyed'' :clapper: :clapper:

helped out right he as'' :icon_eek: by stabing um all in the back'' n slateing all there dogs as soon as thave walked away for him'' thats just for starters... iv bin in dog game since i was 12 am 55 now n i no n have met hundreds ov good lads witch r all still to this day good mates ov mine.. i herd about this guy long befour i came onto any hunting website'' by lads from al over north west.. that had run ins with him on websites'' hes the worst ov the worst'' n defo .. not to be trusted'' a lot ov people didnt take the advice about him... a lot ov people ''fecin'' do now ..... :cry: ATB..B

I am also 55 , I can only speak as I find , no disrespect to you or any one else , but the man has been good to me. ATB

please name these" lot's of people",who he has helped,,,then let's see how it compares to the folk he has stabbed and told lies about..DL is just another in a long

line of decent lads to be stabbed in the back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THAT IS A FACT,,,,,AND ANOTHER IS YOU WILL SOON BE A STATISTIC,,,,,BE WARNED,,,,,

Edited by dazzz

please name these" lot's of people",who he has helped,,,then let's see how it compares to the folk he has stabbed and told lies about..DL is just another in a long

line of decent lads to be stabbed in the back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THAT IS A FACT,,,,,AND ANOTHER IS YOU WILL SOON BE A STATISTIC,,,,,BE WARNED,,,,,

Aint THAT the truth :yes:

• Like 1