Lack of Borders ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting a club is a waste of time, what happened to johnny blucks club? The only hope for the working border is for close knit groups of genuine working terrier lads to test & cull hard, place pu

They only get slated by the people that have to take there terriers out on a leash all the time and haven't got the patience to wait a bit longer to enter them. I can't fault them for an all round wor

This Border dog done his job today!  

They only get slated by the people that have to take there terriers out on a leash all the time and haven't got the patience to wait a bit longer to enter them. I can't fault them for an all round working dog!

• Like 5

easy anser borders are a pile of shit all jibbers never seen a working 1 dun waste your time get your self a patterdale or lakey ffs

None of them pats or lakeys jib then eh???

The biggest problem borders have had in recent years has been their popularity and the greedy feckers selling them for stupid money. I love borders as a breed but got forced out of keeping them because of the price and the fact that they get bred to feck for cash not work.

as I watch the dog in your avatar you no need to really mind that you were forced out of keeping

what are you on about that doesnt make sense ????????????????????????????????????????????

Maybe because of my bad English.

I wanted to say I very like the looks of the dog in his avatar.

Sorry if I was ambiguous

edited to say the mentioned mate of mine paid 900pounds for his bitch pup last year, and I never heard him to complaint and as I know he is not a rich guy but involved with borders.

no problem mate the dog in the avatar is a bitch a good steady worker

easy anser borders are a pile of shit all jibbers never seen a working 1 dun waste your time get your self a patterdale or lakey ffs

None of them pats or lakeys jib then eh???

The biggest problem borders have had in recent years has been their popularity and the greedy feckers selling them for stupid money. I love borders as a breed but got forced out of keeping them because of the price and the fact that they get bred to feck for cash not work.

ya full of shit mate.if you want hte dog you will pay the money for them.the last border i bought was £400 and off k.c stuff and still a good grafter so get ya money out ya tight pocket and get 1 bought instead of saying im not paying that for 1.cos i know i would.

I'm full of shit because I wouldn't pay £400 for a dog to work when the parents werent proven workers bred from working lines? Would you be saying the same thing if yours had turned out rubbish? My old border was £100 with all his kc paperwork so why do people charge so much for the same thing, it only costs a couple of quid to register them and the same price to rear as any other terrier pup. If I spent £400 on any dog i'd feel guilty as feck coz its money I should have been spending on the family.

sorry mate ya not full of shit just a tight shit and dont go on about money as if you wouldnt sell them for what they are going for if they are the right dogs.at the end of the day if you want a border you would buy 1 or are you the type that looks in the free adds in the paper cos you are that tight.

At the end of the day it is what it is. There 350-450 for a border and ideally everyone would like it to be cheaper but in my opinion your getting a biddable, versatile laid back dog that can be hard when need be and quiet the rest of the time unlike alot of other terrier breeds that are used for specifically the one job.

Like I said originally I do like borders, mine was my first dog and he would try his paw at anything and was a really easy dog to live with its just unfortunate for the breed they became so popular with the pet and show owners which bumped the price up ridiculously. This also meant that their sensibility and working temperament isn't what they get bred for in the majority of cases just rosettes and pounds.

• Like 1

I think if the people who are working their Borders all keep in touch and stick together passing working bloodlines on to each other the breed can only improve but we need to help each other out n get in touch with each other on here.

I think if the people who are working their Borders all keep in touch and stick together passing working bloodlines on to each other the breed can only improve but we need to help each other out n get in touch with each other on here.

Do you think it could work? Or talking about an utopia?

I think the envy already killed much easier things than that