Lack of Borders ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting a club is a waste of time, what happened to johnny blucks club? The only hope for the working border is for close knit groups of genuine working terrier lads to test & cull hard, place pu

They only get slated by the people that have to take there terriers out on a leash all the time and haven't got the patience to wait a bit longer to enter them. I can't fault them for an all round wor

This Border dog done his job today!  

Is it me or are there a lack of these dogs? I'm hopefully getting a border next year but finding it hard to find good working stock. All I see are bloody show dogs, any one else have this problem?

So true. Im condidering this breed next year and when i was looking for one they were all KC reg and all that bollox and for prices like £450 and that was just for pet

Great dogs in my opinion and very biddable. I had always fancied one but had the same problem of finding one from working parents. In the end I had to pay £450 for mine as that was the only way as it seems there all round about that price range. It wasn't from working parents but there were workers in the bloodline so I took the chance, brought it up in a hunting environment and put lots of time and effort in and taking it out and letting it see as much as possible and it all payed of when she went to ground at around 14 mnth old on without much coaxing and we dug down to a small vixen. For what I do they are perfect for me. I have a bitch at a year old just now who is picking up ratting at the moment and is showing intrest underground when she went down an earth a couple of weeks ago after we had removed a dog fox from it. If you get them out early watching other dogs and taking everything in then from my experience there's a good chance theyl take to it quicker. Jmo

there are working lads out there with working stock, i let mine go for 200,and had no quibble from the lads that had them,i have to agree with you , get them out as soon as, my pup is taking an interest, but he,s still to young to be out for too long, when he gets knackered i pick him up and it stops him from being a little fek when he gets home, i have a lot of hope for him, its there in the breeding it just needs bringing out.

easy anser borders are a pile of shit all jibbers never seen a working 1 dun waste your time get your self a patterdale or lakey ffs

obviously you havnt seen them work up here in the north east then mate,as most of them up here have good working borders and have for 30yrs plus.but everybody to there own mate.ask chipper smith what my borders were like.

• Like 2

easy anser borders are a pile of shit all jibbers never seen a working 1 dun waste your time get your self a patterdale or lakey ffs

"never seen a working one" how can you say there jibbers then?? I wouldn't say any breed were a pile of shite until I had seen at least a few working!!

• Like 2

None of them pats or lakeys jib then eh???

The biggest problem borders have had in recent years has been their popularity and the greedy feckers selling them for stupid money. I love borders as a breed but got forced out of keeping them because of the price and the fact that they get bred to feck for cash not work.

you are a very small minded person to say something like that , :hmm:

there are a few around that work , and do there job well , very well :yes:

• Like 1

The biggest problem borders have had in recent years has been their popularity and the greedy feckers selling them for stupid money. I love borders as a breed but got forced out of keeping them because of the price and the fact that they get bred to feck for cash not work.

as I watch the dog in your avatar you no need to really mind that you were forced out of keeping

as I watch the dog in your avatar you no need to really mind that you were forced out of keeping

what are you on about that doesnt make sense ????????????????????????????????????????????