Who burns what?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i burn tenners in mine,well it f*****g feels like that greedy scottish power lol wish i had a log fire

"During the war .........................."                                                                                         Gonetoearth sitting wa

I hear you are using bridges? lol

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Low density, lights up very easily, burns hot and fast. It really does need to be well dried before you burn it, and it takes a fair while to dry; willow is a very wet wood. If you burn it wet, it will definitely gunk things up. Burnt dry, the only problem is the copious amounts of ash it makes.

We burn coal but only when it's really cold. We've got a open fire which is ok but messy and we've got a multi fuel stove in the dinning room which almost heats the house when it's on. I only ahve that stove on when its really cold though as it can turn the house in to a sauna. We've been through almost a tonne of coal since October. I keep pallets and any other bits of wood I can get for kindling.

I use spud boxes and make lids for them the wind blows through and dries the wood i buy it from the demolition i got 10 bags of logs for £40 a large builders bag and i put

them into spud boxes till next year the problem is you need a stacker to pack them and a large area to store them

Mark

I have been burning a fair bit of beech purely because one of my farmers asked me to clear it for him and who am I to refuse free heat ,it has cartainly kept the temprature up in my 3 bedroom house,it burns well even though the moisture content is slightly above what it should be.

I have a cream painted inglenook fireplace that was painted with soft sheen emulsion that seems to be cracking and peeling off abit any ideas on what pant to use next time or if mixing the paint with pva would make any difference.