fu*king vet

Why are you saying the dose is wrong?

because she said one tab once a day which she also stuck on the front of the box.

Then i looked back in the box an realised there was an extra 5 tablets.

Alarm bells started ringing so i called the vets up an the silly cow just said sorry my mistake it was ment to be 2 tabs a day not one!!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jab the dog with penacillin wash the wound daily with salt water and f**k the vet off

It's a good thing she didn't over prescribe. I'd get a new vet and let her know you'll be spreading the word. Good luck with your bitch mate.

I agrea about getting a good vet,but if you went to a vet every time your dog got a cut or needed a antibiotic,you would be skint.Penicillin is a fairly safe bet mate.I have worked with all kinds of a

its a small cut mate no more then a cm long not deep at all but like i say the hocks swollen up so much and duz"nt seem to be calming down.

I keep cleaning it ect.

An giving her what the vets give me even though it was the wrong ammount.

because she said one tab once a day which she also stuck on the front of the box.

Alarm bells started ringing so i called the vets up an the silly cow just said sorry my mistake it was ment to be 2 tabs a day not one!!!!!

so, hang on, what you're saying is, if i understand the above-quoted statements correctly, when you called the vet she said "sorry, the dog should be having 2 tablets a day", you had enough to give her 2 per day, but you're only giving her 1 tablet per day, and complaining about wrong dosages? :hmm:

nope, i'm confused now. :blink:

no i took her to the vets she went on her computer she stuck the bit of papper on front of the box saying one tablet per day for five days then go back after 5 days to see how shes doing.

I noticed there was another packet of tablets in the box ten tablets all together but she told me and wrote on the box 1 tablet a day for 5 days.

So i called up spoke to the receptionist she told me to go off what it says on the sticker on the box.

I wasnt satisfied so spoke to the vet she said she was sorry as she had made a mistake it should of said two tablets per day not one

its a small cut mate no more then a cm long not deep at all but like i say the hocks swollen up so much and duz"nt seem to be calming down.

I keep cleaning it ect.

An giving her what the vets give me even though it was the wrong ammount.

so, hang on, what you're saying is, if i understand the above-quoted statements correctly, when you called the vet she said "sorry, the dog should be having 2 tablets a day", you had enough to give her 2 per day, but you're only giving her 1 tablet per day, and complaining about wrong dosages? :hmm:

nope, i'm confused now. :blink:

no i took her to the vets she went on her computer she stuck the bit of papper on front of the box saying one tablet per day for five days then go back after 5 days to see how shes doing.

I noticed there was another packet of tablets in the box ten tablets all together but she told me and wrote on the box 1 tablet a day for 5 days.

So i called up spoke to the receptionist she told me to go off what it says on the sticker on the box.

I wasnt satisfied so spoke to the vet she said she was sorry as she had made a mistake it should of said two tablets per day not one

Vets are money grabbing twats "mind my french" I took a cat to the vet 2years ago and was told after £180 injection it needed a blood transfusion and loads of other things the total cost £7000 decide to put her down. All this happened on a sunday so decided by the vets pushyness it must be done by wed. but the love of my life wanted to have the weekend with the cat and guess what Sat the cat sprung back to life and she is still with us. I paid £180 for a vet to drug my wifes cat hoping Id insured her so he could get the £7000 but would rather have killed her to get £50 than told the truth moral

Dont trust a vet their not questionable to any board

Guest born to run1083

Dose would depend on size of dog and extent of infection, 250mg could well be the right dose, what makes you think it isn’t? If the infection got into the joint that would be very serious, but is unlikely if the leg is improving. With an acute injury the antibiotics were likely just to stop infection from taking hold rather than treat an established one so a lower dose might be appropriate.

Metacam is not an antibiotic it is an ant inflammatory pain killer and so would not protect against infection. Metacam can slow healing.

Just jabbing with penicillin is a good way to grow antibiotic resistant bacteria such as MRSA, mosts people have no idea what particular antibiotic to use, need different ones for different bacteria, for how long or at what dose. They get away with most common stuff either by luck that the particular bacteria is sensitive to the antibiotic they have or because the dog was going to get better in spite of the injury ie mild infection that the dogs immune system could deal with. Buying drugs like antibiotics over the internet means you don't know what your getting, is real or fake, there are many fakes about, plus the wrong medication gets used ie those that said use metacam etc.

Best bet get a good vet then do what they say and don’t take advice about the use of prescription medication from the internet.

I agrea about getting a good vet,but if you went to a vet every time your dog got a cut or needed a antibiotic,you would be skint.Penicillin is a fairly safe bet mate.I have worked with all kinds of animals and ive seen most get shots of it for all kinds of injurys.Dont believe all a vet tells you either.

two good posts there, I agree a good vet is crutial in this game. I have a cracking one, doesn't even charge consultation, a very young lad a fair few year sent me his way. no late call out charge or anything. owns running dogs himself so I believe.

My bitch sliced under her hock while lamping last tue night took her to the vets because the hock was swollen an she was limping like hell.

Vet had a look, well call it a look she glanced at it pis*ed about on computer for a bit then gave me some anti biotics.

Now for the BEST PART the silly cow told me the wrong dose so i"ve been giving het 250mg a day when should of been 500mg.

She has told me to pop back in wed (when the course finishes) what would you lads do?

Anyone come up wi this prob before?

I was gonna demand the next set of treatment to be free of charge as she messed up on the first lot.

Find a new vet and stop greeting........it always baffles me how folk want the very best but dont do the research and look for those people then travel to them.

If you get the wrong people for the job, its your own fault imho

I know i'm only a terrierman but alot of you lads need to find better vets before you need em, its a lot harder for terriermen to find a good vet for our type of injurys, but it can be done. Most of you will have dealings with farmers, ask which vet they use, alot of these are better and cheaper than the "pet" surgerys. If you're lucky you'll drop on a retired country vet who still dabbles a bit and will will save you a fortune! I even moved here and found a "tame" vet who only charges me cost of drugs etc as long as i keep dropping a hare or bit of moose liver off in the season :thumbs:

• Like 1
Dose would depend on size of dog and extent of infection, 250mg could well be the right dose, what makes you think it isn’t? If the infection got into the joint that would be very serious, but is unlikely if the leg is improving. With an acute injury the antibiotics were likely just to stop infection from taking hold rather than treat an established one so a lower dose might be appropriate.

Metacam is not an antibiotic it is an ant inflammatory pain killer and so would not protect against infection. Metacam can slow healing.

Just jabbing with penicillin is a good way to grow antibiotic resistant bacteria such as MRSA, mosts people have no idea what particular antibiotic to use, need different ones for different bacteria, for how long or at what dose. They get away with most common stuff either by luck that the particular bacteria is sensitive to the antibiotic they have or because the dog was going to get better in spite of the injury ie mild infection that the dogs immune system could deal with. Buying drugs like antibiotics over the internet means you don't know what your getting, is real or fake, there are many fakes about, plus the wrong medication gets used ie those that said use metacam etc.

Best bet get a good vet then do what they say and don’t take advice about the use of prescription medication from the internet.

i use metacam and swear by it ...good stuff used correctly ..i dont understand how you say it can slow healing ...i know you know you stuff sandy but i dissagree with you on the metacam.,..the first thing i would have done if this had happened to my dog would be get it home and clean it well .and the give some metacam...to take the swelling down and ease the pain...blood flows better when swelling is down ..which of course increases the speed of the healing..as the blood flows more freely...iam off coarse giving addvice without seeing the cut ...but thats what i would do if it was just a cut ..if i thought there was tenden damage or bone damage then it would be straight to the vets,,,

I'd not disagree with what you say, he point i was making was that metacam is not an antibiotic so would not stop the infection and it would seem from the posters that it was being suggested as an alternative rather than an adjunct to antibiotics. I use metacam on the dogs but in minimal doses for minimum time due to possible side effects on internal organs and healing. The slowing healing is an interesting area; dogs of course need painkillers and modern anti inflammatorys like metacam are very good at reducing pain and inflammation but can also slow the bodies healing response, especially for tendon and bone. There are a lot of studies that demonstrate this effect and increasingly they are being used to this end. An example is to slow bone re-growth after orthopaedic surgery, ie a new hip may get excessive re-growth around the femoral junction so these types of medication are given to reduce this. Now if we want repair/re-growth as in tendon damage etc then slowing/reducing the process would be less than ideal. On the other hand with say a knocked up toe where there is a tendency to get excessive growth ending with a classic big joint, then slowing the extra tissue formation may be useful. Basically the point I was trying to make is more complicated than most imagine.

As to ongoing post about the dosing…….. the vet made a mistake, it happens we all do it.

If the bitch's hock was still swolen after a few days - cant understand why you didnt take her back in to the vets sooner,

even if the vet did say go back after finishing the AB's, dosent mean you have to leave it that long.

maybe i should of didnt no how long these things take to calm down.

Found a greyhound vet not far from Derby shes going there this aft

If the bitch's hock was still swolen after a few days - cant understand why you didnt take her back in to the vets sooner,

even if the vet did say go back after finishing the AB's, dosent mean you have to leave it that long.

maybe i should of didnt no how long these things take to calm down.

Found a greyhound vet not far from Derby shes going there this aft

With swellings it can go down over night or take a couple of days,

she did it on tue, so i would have expected the swelling to be reduced or gone by friday

at least, especaly with just a small cut.

ive got a bitch with me at present, had its back leg removed,

that was done on thurs - swelling has almost gone and bruseing is just a

small patch.

Hopefully the new vet will be able to set you on the right path to getting her back up and running again.