How'd you come up with your pets name

My 13 month dog Is called Ted he is called this because he looked like a Teddy bear as a pup my sisters were calling him TEDDY but I can't be seen with a dog called Teddy so I decided on Ted lol

My other dog is 3 yr caled laddie but was named that when I got him

and my 7 yr old English bull terrier called Samson don't know were we got the name from lol

By letting my mother name them. :doh: Now i have four ferrets named Archy, Amber, Mona and Honey. Up until sept last year i had a female Boxer called Lucy and now we have a friggin cat called Ruby.

Richard

on a similar note (but non hunting related), when I was at school I had a mate who had a GSD called Kissy.....WTF! :laugh:

By letting my mother name them. :doh: Now i have four ferrets named Archy, Amber, Mona and Honey. Up until sept last year i had a female Boxer called Lucy and now we have a friggin cat called Ruby.

Richard

on a similar note (but non hunting related), when I was at school I had a mate who had a GSD called Kissy.....WTF! :laugh:

There's a few like that around here, you wonder what goes through their heads when they name their dogs. On the other hand i once had a beagle that i named franky. :laugh:

Richard

My wifes dad had a dog named Mouse years ago and I liked the name so I called my lurcher the same.

My wife has a cat called stickybud, because the bloody thing is forever forgetting to sheath her claws and ends up stuck to clothes, furniture, anything really, it's the doziest animal I've ever seen.

my best friend is a teacher, and once temporarily looked after a lassie collie that belonged to one of her pupils parents. it was called Tiggy. she used to walk her & couldn't work out why she wouldn't come when called, til she walked the dog with the owner... my friend shouted "Tiggy!", no response. the owner shouted " Here Tiggy-wiggy-woo-oooooo!" and the dog came back. my friend decided to keep the dog on the lead after that, and was very glad when the owner was able to take the dog back!

My beautiful black lab gundog is called Biggles, he was born at the end of the runway for RAF Conningsby, I have a link to 617 squadron, I could not name him after Guy Gibson's dog, so I came up with another RAF name that sounded close to that one, Biggles. We got a Corgi 3 years later, he was a light fawn colour, not a red so Ginger was out, he was named Algy!