seller / buyer feedback section

My suggestions would be:

A clear photo of the item being sold, if it is a generic item then with a verfication note attached, just with the sellers forum user name written on.
No photo, then the ad gets removed, or in fact put the ad section on moderation, ads have to be approved before appearing, I'm sure there would be volunteers to help with that, I would, and without prejudice.

Too many ads have stuff like photo to follow or similar, if the seller can't be arsed taking a photo then why should they have the priviledge of using a huge site like this to sell stuff.

Way too many ads go off topic, the whole section needs much stricter moderation, none of those "you can get it cheaper" type replies.

There should be strict criteria for the format that ads follow, maybe some sort of template could be pinned at the top of the sections.

It is always going to be a risk buying stuff blind, a clear photo and description would go a long way to solving problems before they ever start.

Trust and good feedback are earned.

• Like 1

First time i've seen this...

Seems like a 'goer'.... One section, one 'potential' problem area, all sellers, all feedback, no bullshine!

Even I could Moderate the hell out of it...!! :D

First time i've seen this...

Seems like a 'goer', one section, one 'potential' problem area, all sellers, all feedback, no bullshine!

Even I could Moderate the hell out of it...!! :D

you know like you have on ebay maybe on everyones profile, as below

Detailed Seller Ratings (last 12 months)
These ratings provide more details about this member's performance as a seller. Five stars is the highest rating, and one star is the lowest rating.

s.gif Criteria Average rating Number of ratings
Item as described iconStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar80_17x14.gif 55 s.gif Communication iconStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar80_17x14.gif 54 s.gif Dispatch time iconStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar60_17x14.gif 51 s.gif Postage and packaging charges iconStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar100_17x14.gificonStar50_17x14.gif 51

s.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, few times ive nearly been had off on here..... and once i have :yes:

For sale posts should be approved.....

And a picture with a note stating 'username and date'.... would prove authenticity.

after another thread on someone getting fcuked over with a hw80 think this needs another bump :thumbs:

But did he though? Reading his other posts, he seems to have bought another air rifle as well. :hmm: and another post he was looking for a different calibre. It was all very fishy.

The idea of a feedback section is good, but as most of these scammers have about 2 posts to their names and have only been members for a week, they aren't going to have any feedback, good or bad.

I agree though ive only been done over once and naming and shaming didn't worry him as he was banned the next week but is probably back on by now

• 2 months later...

This can easily be added although, its adding additional bloat to the site. Would it be used that much, to make a difference?

I guess if there's the thread for it and people create their own feedback pages?

Those who are keen, I think it will benefit I guess :)

• 2 weeks later...

pointless Imo, if scammers want to use this site to rob people, feedback wont deter them. setting up a new account isn't hard. :thumbs:

Well, what if you have to be a member for such an active period or comment so many posts (without spamming) to be granted the ability to sell on here? Also the same for the feedback section too?

I guess any abuse then you can be demoted?

Just throwing in some ideas here ;)