Can anyone recomend a decent slip lead?

I just use a rope lead. The bit that goes round the dogs neck i put round my wrist instead. Then the handle part goes through the coller and back to my hand. Light up a rabbit and let go of the handle. Works well enough for me. Some people dont like to work a dog with its coller on, which would make my method a bit dificult! Lol! I like boyos idea, might try that. Strong stuff gear is something a lot on here rave about so it must be good, iv never used it myself so i cant comment.

IMG00128-20111013-2236-1.jpg

£1.20p a meter in my local b@q just make a loop each end and stich it :thumbs:

That's basicaly what I do mate, put one loop through your belt loop and pass other through it so it's attached to you, pas the end through the dogs collar and when you slip the dog you don't lose your lead. :thumbs:

I just use a rope lead. The bit that goes round the dogs neck i put round my wrist instead. Then the handle part goes through the coller and back to my hand. Light up a rabbit and let go of the handle. Works well enough for me. Some people dont like to work a dog with its coller on, which would make my method a bit dificult! Lol! I like boyos idea, might try that. Strong stuff gear is something a lot on here rave about so it must be good, iv never used it myself so i cant comment.

The slip leads I make are nothing special, am sure there are better and worse out there, they are dead simple, a length of either 25 or 19mm webbing with a loop at each end, they slide through the D rings on my collars nicely.

But, if you don't run your dog with a collar then are completely no fecking use lol.

I give more away than I sell in truth.

:thumbs:

in 30 odd year the best slips ive ever used are an old horses lead rein cut to length buy one and make yourself 4 good length slips .plus the hook end makes a strong lead been doing it for years but every buggar cadges them so end up going to buy another lol.

very true they make best leads :thumbs: