what do you feed your dogs?

Wrong. Dogs find it easier to convert fat into energy.

Lol, Bit from a post from back along, simple really they need both glucose and fat.

Carbohydrate in the Working Canine diet

"It's pretty much accepted that different types of exercise and lifestyles require different feeding regimes i.e. a lap dog in a posh pad will need a markedly different diet to a sled dog during a long distance race. Most dogs will fall somewhere between these two extremes with working dogs, in particular, needing individual management of their diet to optimize performance.

Canine athletes depend on fats as their main fuel source when resting or at gentle exercise, 60% of energy supplied by fats at 40% of effort, however glucose converted from glycogen is needed especially during high intensity exercise such as sprinting. As exercise intensity increases the amount of glucose used increases whereas fat use remains relatively stable. So 80% of energy is supplied by glucose at 85% of effort." (Me)

• 2 weeks later...

Chicken carcass,minced chicken carcass, beef and tripe, lambs ribs,necks and bones, spratts, veg boiled and mashed up,brown rice and the odd egg, table scraps and rabbit. my Lurchers for some strange reason love tomatoes and pears but my Terrier wont entertain them. Basically my dogs are fed better than me.....

We feed ours off cuts from the butcher and mince it all up with chicken carcass and loads of other meat all minced course and then a handful of biscuits tossed in and the dogs look amazing and always healthy and run and work well too!!! Plus it costs us just the price of the biscuits nothing more!!!!