Entering a 3/4 whip 1/4 grey to rabbits...

Anyone got any good experience entering this cross?

My bitch is 7 mths now, coming along well, I got her late at about 5mth so have been taking things slow with her and don't want to enter her to early and have her yapping at any thing!

Any help guys?

Cheers

Get the pup out everywhere and as much time with you as possible ! Still a bit young in my opinion for this season, but don't forget, you've got it for the next ten year or more, so no hurry !! If you don't know the game, then learn along with the dog, it's not rocket science !! Let the dog see the game and slip it !! Easy as !! Get the absolute basics right, and you can't go wrong.. Recall is the most important to me, then retreive...anything else is a bonus with a lurcher ! The most important thing is for you and the dog to have FUN !!!

Cheers.

• Like 1

you will get loads of diferent advice mate i would give it a little go now an a easy buny then nothing for a month

and thats how you get yappers

year old if your unsure

as above will also add from what i seen they like fecking excorcet missiles so recall needs to be bang on,saw one running years ago that had not been out for a while,lets just say it was letting off a bit of steam after its first miss,was to be its last ever run, them wire fences dont take no prisoners :thumbs:

as above will also add from what i seen they like fecking excorcet missiles so recall needs to be bang on,saw one running years ago that had not been out for a while,lets just say it was letting off a bit of steam after its first miss,was to be its last ever run, them wire fences dont take no prisoners :thumbs:

Aye if the breeding has suicidal tendencies maybe lots of daytime mooching may help, getting used to fences etc, may not make an ounce of difference mind you, just a thought though :hmm:

Anyone got any good experience entering this cross?

My bitch is 7 mths now, coming along well, I got her late at about 5mth so have been taking things slow with her and don't want to enter her to early and have her yapping at any thing!

Any help guys?

Cheers

got 3/4 whip 1/4 grey 20 inch,,,,,had a slightly bigger one 23inch in 2006 and few more in past

these are the types i highley recommed ,,never ever see much for sale either not everyoes cup off tea,,or dont come up for sale tha often due to them tooken before hand,,i dont know??? ones ive had never been a dud,,,,,,,,after 6month i take mine out and build up there miles SLOWLY ( excerise),,,as if you take pups out for major walks earlyier, they can suffer from inflamed toe joints later in life,,i,e --- too much repetatide training at young age,,,,give them time as pup,,,even a collie, breeds can suffer this,,,too young tooo soon too much ( good luck),,ull know , :thumbs:

it,s a cross ill always recommend for bunnys & the odd chance off bigger :thumbs:

Edited by whip x grey

Thanks everyone for there advice, I'd only be using her for daytime ferret work.

I have good lamper so plan to keep her oping for night work and this bitch for daytime work, i thought a year old would be a good time to enter her so glad most of you feel the same!

I'll let you know how she gets on

did you buy the pup off of someone on here because i have the same cross and same age

No i didn't mate, took her one as an older juvenile, I know she came from Bristol area though, she's about 21" now...

do you no who bred the dog mate its just theres not many around and about a month after having mine a lad on here got intouch he had a litter sister to mine that he offered me because he needed to let it go due to medical reasons

did you buy the pup off of someone on here because i have the same cross and same age

No i didn't mate, took her one as an older juvenile, I know she came from Bristol area though, she's about 21" now...

do you no who bred the dog mate its just theres not many around and about a month after having mine a lad on here got intouch he had a litter sister to mine that he offered me because he needed to let it go due to medical reasons

I dont mate sorry, they guy i got her off didn't said he couldn't remember....!

I dont mate sorry, they guy i got her off didn't said he couldn't remember....!

it must not be from the same litter as mine then mate cause the guy was clued up i have had mine out with the ferrets and i had him out for an hours lamping last friday and he got his first rabbit i was well over the moon i wont be doing anything serious just taking him out for 1 or 2 runs but i no he can do it best of luck with your pup mate keep us updated