my collie x greyhound yapping [BANNED TEXT] she runs any iders how to stop it please

if you dont buy a ready made dog, you never realy kno wat your bringing into your kennel and if its your first dog mistakes are made. if you have made a bond and like the dog and think a bullet to the head is a bit stupid which it is, i would leave the lamp alone and concentrate on day work bolting rabbits for her as many as you can some in the net some runners depending on the ground let her mature and learn how to hunt proper, marking holes hunting up retreiveing ect.there will be something she is good at, find her strenghths and leave the weaknesses for a later date. enjoy the merits of owning a dog, alot of dogs have been given away for given tongue on the lamp when young and become good ferreters, then go on to make the grade on the lamp later on.

Couldn't agree more.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if you dont buy a ready made dog, you never realy kno wat your bringing into your kennel and if its your first dog mistakes are made. if you have made a bond and like the dog and think a bullet to the

Jesus   It`s like arseholes united round here some nights!!!!   Ma dug yaps !! what do I do ??? shoot the fuker !!! hahahahhaha,, probably never shot a dug in his life!!! hardcore!!! hahahahah

Exactly right answer, take the dog ferreting and let it grab bunnys in the nets, the dog then thinks it has caught the rabbit and builds confidence no end,   then easy squaters on the lamp and GO BY

hi i went lamping last nite nite with my collie x and i only give her 3 runs and she yapping on the 3 of them any way of stoping that ?

if she's not been out much this year she probably bound up with energy, before you take her lamping next time let her have a good burn out earlier in the day, running round with another dog or something along those lines, try get her playing with you as well ,tug play is ideal, it settles them down and relax's them before going out,,the yapping is just too much energy in the system that needs to be offloaded,,try offloading it earlier in the day,,

well if she has only just started it,and she hasnt been out much,then id put it down to her eagerness and excitment,work her mate,persevere she will come right,theres some brill comments on here,then theres some shxte ones to,make use of the good ones...again good luck

Here we have a touchy subject yapping ,my absolute hate in a lurcher running dog .now times of days gone by a noisy dog could cost ya dearly.they seem to have become more comon inthe last 15yrs or so .Breeding has alot to with this malady ,dogs with this only getter better at it when under pressure ,seen slow mos completely silent bred right its a fault in my oppinion in the make up of the said dog .passing dogs on his not the answer they end up being bred on from and the gene his passed on more yappers are born . I have also witnessed dogs taken in the field a few mths old and never a problem .collie types bred from none workers beddy types whipps and just about all the types can give ya yappers when bred from poor foundation stock .Conclusion the twenty pence one.atb bunnys.

it costs about 20p for a cartridge that would solve this problem

you carnt shoot a dog for yapping what the hell is wrong with you thats just crule and imoral . just leav ya dog off for a while mate let ya dog try and forget try that ive bin knocking it out of mine with my electric shock coller on a very dull shock butt i wouldnt advise it for a collie x as they are very inteligent and would probably stop runing all together mine is so head strong it seams to be working on him atb hope you can get rid of the yapping mate

it costs about 20p for a cartridge that would solve this problem

you carnt shoot a dog for yapping what the hell is wrong with you thats just crule and imoral . just leav ya dog off for a while mate let ya dog try and forget try that ive bin knocking it out of mine with my electric shock coller on a very dull shock butt i wouldnt advise it for a collie x as they are very inteligent and would probably stop runing all together mine is so head strong it seams to be working on him atb hope you can get rid of the yapping mate

dont use eletric shock coller i ues1 1 when colliex was yaping if was frustaon i started her 2 erly it put her right of she thort it was 4 chasing

hi guy for all hat comented on this just to let you now i had her out all day yesterday runing around and out then last nite and she had 2 and out again all day and she had 5 and didn yapp again i think ive sorted it now guys thanks for the comentes