how do you carry your game..? how many ?

Guest vin

I carry mine around my waist, have a leather belt with two giant nappy pins over either hip, my legs and lower back are my strongest points so i use them to carry the weight. I think about 9/10 rabbits is the point it gets too much like hard work and i dump them for collection later. The biggest drawback is getting over barbed wire fences with a rabbit skirt on :icon_eek:

When i am out with my friends i use a big steel framed open topped back pack, can put as many as i want in, usually to the brim, then Woodgas knees tend to buckle and he empties it :laugh:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Devastated!

interesting answers lads..

barbed wire fences is where it all goes wrong for all of us i see.

wish i had the problem of having to carry to many everytime i went out..LOL.. somedays/nights i would be happy to have one in the pocket..

i use a thick lead which goes over my shoulders i can get 22 rabbits on my lead then i have to carry them in my hand on the odd occasion until i get to a drop off point. i always gut my rabbits as i go along in the field so it makes the load alot lighter and easier to carry. fences are not really a problem when fully loaded up as i just drop them over in front of me then climb over myself only when fully loaded up.

some nights when there's not much about 2 rabbits can seem heavy. on real busy nights when catching big bags i find you dont think about how much game you are carrying as you are concentrating on catching the next bunny so the weight don't seem all that bad.

i think you have it there trigger..the more your catching the less you seem to worry about weight..I suppose its same with the distance walked..it never seems like a long walk when theres stuff to chase.

I walked miles last night..lol...it felt like a marathon.