New CZ or second hand Sako quad

I have the 16"varmint barrel CZ so i am biased but i have friends who have the sako and i dont think there is much in difference the bolt sticks out more on the quad'also with second hand you dont know the history of the gun how many rounds have been down the barrel ect new CZ all day.

I bought a second hand quad this year it's superb (two barrels ,WTC scope and quality mod not sac) . I think the money is a bit strong though as I got offered a new one fo £440 nine months ago at Greenfields in Salisbury. I got mine by placing a couple of wanted ads then you can get a bit of history on it and pay alot less than dealer prices (I got my set up for alot less than what they're asking for yours). I got offerd a couple of good ones in the end.

There are alot of CZ lovers on here and don't get me wrong they are great rifle , I think the 16" heavy barrel is the best of the lot but it aint a quad. It's just as accurate but rougher. I just wish my quad was shorter , might splash out and get it chopped.

I'd try and find out what the history is on the Sako, and have a good look down the barrel to have a quick look at the rifling/barrel condition. But providing it hasn't had tens of thousands of rounds through it and it looks good I'd be going Sako. CZ is a good, reliable rifle but coldweld's analogy is a good one. Just my experience but the Sakos I have shot with have all just felt "nicer" than the CZ. Bolt pull and trigger's where I've found most difference.

If you can conjure up another £100 (easier said than done :whistling: ) you can get your hands on a brand new Sako Quad for around the £575 mark, then you have no issues of a used rifle and a gun for life. :thumbs:

P

I had the same kind of choice to make a while back.

I chose the new CZ 455 varmint barrel, factory trigger is sorted on this model so no need for fix kit. Also the bolt is pretty smooth in operation. A very accurate bit of kit.

The resale values are also strong, such is the reputation and demand.

What ever you get you will have a great time shooting.