Last Doe of the season

Saw this young Doe (Last years calf) while out with the lamp last night, She was limping quite badly so went out first light this morning and dispatched of her and on closer inspection once i had shot her she had a broken leg.

Also saw a buck with 3 legs today :hmm:

Cheers guys all part of the " deer management " !!

The Buck with the 3 legs i mentioned, I will watch and may take out nearer the rut to see if it was born like that or see wheather it has been re-released, perhaps it may have been hit by a car or something and may have a pin or stitches. ( By Some do gooder)

Anyone else shot/caught any like this ??

Hello i reconize the area but cant put my finger on it?.Also why wait till rut to shoot lame buck fit's wrong with 1st april?.Deer welfare/management would have it shot ASAP JMHO.

That ground is down the river by the beach when i was out with the dogs, Not where i shot the doe. Also the 1st April is a Sunday so i cant shoot it then ???

The buck looks perfectly healthy at the moment and there is no hanging limbs thats why i thought it was either born like that or it had been under the knife by the vet. It looks about 3/4 years old with a well established head and is just starting to cast its velvet ??

Hello no law say's you cant shoot deer on sunday in scotland & fox snare's can be bad on the leg's but better now a day's you dont see so many.

Was within 30/40 yards of it the other day and like i say there is no leg there just seems to be the hip with not alot else ?

It would more than likely have been a snare or the top two wires on a fence that took the leg off, either way I would shoot it asap. That young Doe looks very small, you did it a big favour.

Mark.

Edited by mj robson