getting started!

alright guys im new to the site an hope to get some useful info from use.

me and the brother usually do a good bit of ferreting, but just recently we have bought a 9 month old whippet bitch.

what i want to know is how would i start to get this wee pup hunting and whats the best way to go about it. ive walked her over the mountan near by and shes very alert but uses her nose more than her sight.

cheers

marc

looking her for rabbits just mate not just with the ferrets on the the lamp to. i had her out last night, with a mate that had his dog out on the lamp i got her right up to a rabbit say around 7-9 ft away and she didnt even notice it even when it started to bolt she looked at the ground then at me

Edited by Crusty12

[bANNED TEXT] u cud try mate is [bANNED TEXT] u go out with the ferrets keep couple live 1s.Take then to bit of open land (in day light) drop 1 then hiss til the dog sees it more u do it the dog wil no [bANNED TEXT] u hiss they is sumet to chase.Then [bANNED TEXT] it nos the hiss.Take on the lamp and [bANNED TEXT] 1 gets up n runs hiss and the dog shud hopefully look round for sumet to chase.Then the more u do that then hopefully the dog shud start following the beam of the lamp.IT WONT TAKE LONG mate hope thats bit of help

• Like 1

u cud try mate is when u go out with the ferrets keep couple live 1s.Take then to bit of open land (in day light) drop 1 then hiss til the dog sees it.more u do it the dog wil no when u hiss they is sumet to chase.Then when it nos the hiss.Take on the lamp and when 1 gets up n runs hiss and the dog shud hopefully look round for sumet to chase.Then the more u do that then hopefully the dog shud start following the beam of the lamp.IT WONT TAKE LONG mate hope thats bit of help

u cud try mate is when u go out with the ferrets keep couple live 1s.Take then to bit of open land (in day light) drop 1 then hiss til the dog sees it.more u do it the dog wil no when u hiss they is sumet to chase.Then when it nos the hiss.Take on the lamp and when 1 gets up n runs hiss and the dog shud hopefully look round for sumet to chase.Then the more u do that then hopefully the dog shud start following the beam of the lamp.IT WONT TAKE LONG mate hope thats bit of help

all else fails mate take her to spec savers lol atb

pick the dog up mate put your hand under her chin and point her head towards the rabbit and give a few psst in its ear softly dont let it go untill thedog spots it the dog will let u no its spotted as it will go mad to get out your arms then let her go atb hope she nails plenty for yer :victory:

[bANNED TEXT] u cud try mate is [bANNED TEXT] u go out with the ferrets keep couple live 1s.Take then to bit of open land (in day light) drop 1 then hiss til the dog sees it more u do it the dog wil no [bANNED TEXT] u hiss they is sumet to chase.Then [bANNED TEXT] it nos the hiss.Take on the lamp and [bANNED TEXT] 1 gets up n runs hiss and the dog shud hopefully look round for sumet to chase.Then the more u do that then hopefully the dog shud start following the beam of the lamp.IT WONT TAKE LONG mate hope thats bit of help

Fookin moron