slip leads

i had a hand made one out of some climbing rope would swear by it until i let my cousin take the mutt out for a shine an he lost :thumbdown:

get a length of rope that will fit round the mutts neck, melt 2 1" purse net rings into each side and another length for the slip put it through the rings and there is your slip and collar, if i can dig up some climbing rope i will rig up another so you get the idea lol

as i said would swear by it

atb shaun :thumbs:

Edited by shaunpauls7

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

strong stuff slip works well, rachet cord works well and the horse lunge lead also works well...and if all els fails...good old blue rope. and if u lose that...good old cut the hand, bialing twine!! n

my kids bought me 1 for fathers day last year it was 60 quid and its only been used once i prefer to just use a normal dog lead with the buckle cut off the bottom

peace of rope ? best slip you will ever own

Posted Images

i know this might sound daft...but if you use a bit of rope etc etc attached to collar..does that mean you run the dog with collar on ? i don't like running my dog with collar on..what if they go through the hedge or fence 3 strand barbed wire etc etc at full speed and get tangled by the collar = dead dog.

I run my dog off the slip,with no collar..or if on the slip with another dog,i use an old coursing slip type set up where the collar stays with the lead when its slipped.. call me paranoid but my dog has been known to do the odd stunt through the barbed wire on occasions and if she was wearing a collar she would already be dead..most of the time she will stop at hedges but if she can see her way through,she will sometimes do daft tricks

i know this might sound daft...but if you use a bit of rope etc etc attached to collar..does that mean you run the dog with collar on ? i don't like running my dog with collar on..what if they go through the hedge or fence 3 strand barbed wire etc etc at full speed and get tangled by the collar = dead dog.

I run my dog off the slip,with no collar..or if on the slip with another dog,i use an old coursing slip type set up where the collar stays with the lead when its slipped.. call me paranoid but my dog has been known to do the odd stunt through the barbed wire on occasions and if she was wearing a collar she would already be dead..most of the time she will stop at hedges but if she can see her way through,she will sometimes do daft tricks

to be honest this was the way i always done it for the reason above with just being out of the sport for over 10 year kinda forgot what i used to do