12AH 12V help

just been on fleebay an theres some 12AH 12V mobility scooter batterys can you charge these off one of your car battery chargers duz anyone no, and if so are they any good for use with ya lamp?

Very cheap so would prob give it a crack if there half decent.

Has anyone used them guys. atb

cracking batterys mate ive just bought 2, tested them out tonight and only needed the 1 been lamping for 6 hours and it just started to fade at the end of the night.. hardleys any weight to them either just buy a couple and leave a spare in the car just incase it does run out on you. id say it would be impossible to run 2 out in 1 night unless you never turned the lamp off..

and im charging mine with a tracer trickle charger takes about 4 or 5 hours to charge, well worth investing in a couple. how much are they on ebay mate

I use batterys from mobility scooters

You need buy what is calle a trickle charger

A normal battery charger will wreck a scooter battery after a few charges

spot on, you want 500 ma an hour and no more really or likes been said you will cook the battery after afew chargers

cracking batterys mate ive just bought 2, tested them out tonight and only needed the 1 been lamping for 6 hours and it just started to fade at the end of the night.. hardleys any weight to them either just buy a couple and leave a spare in the car just incase it does run out on you. id say it would be impossible to run 2 out in 1 night unless you never turned the lamp off..

and im charging mine with a tracer trickle charger takes about 4 or 5 hours to charge, well worth investing in a couple. how much are they on ebay mate

there just under £20 the ones i saw mate half the price of the ones in my local country store. Where can ya get these trickle chargers from then and how much are they buddy. Cheers atb

I uses a Motorcycle Maintenance Charger 1.25 amp from halfords for my 12v Sealed Lead Acid Batteries on the box it's says Suitable for 12v Lead acid Batteries had it about 2 to 3 months now well happy with it it's a good Charger

will let me know in a few months weather or not your batterys are still lasting the same amount of time they were when they were brandnew ,i had the same charger then after 4/6 months started 2 have less and less charge in them ,and them someone told it was because they needed 2 trickel charge them and since i,ve done that i,m still useing the same battery for 3 seasons

there just under £20 the ones i saw mate half the price of the ones in my local country store. Where can ya get these trickle chargers from then and how much are they buddy. Cheers atb

look on for sale section there a lad selling them for a tena, thats were i got mine

I uses a Motorcycle Maintenance Charger 1.25 amp from halfords for my 12v Sealed Lead Acid Batteries on the box it's says Suitable for 12v Lead acid Batteries had it about 2 to 3 months now well happy with it it's a good Charger

will let me know in a few months weather or not your batterys are still lasting the same amount of time they were when they were brandnew ,i had the same charger then after 4/6 months started 2 have less and less charge in them ,and them someone told it was because they needed 2 trickel charge them and since i,ve done that i,m still useing the same battery for 3 seasons

mine has just started to not last as long now its as thow the charge in it is just geting sucked [bANNED TEXT] out of it i use a deben charger the one they suply with the gun lamps dont no weather to get a new battery or charger

mine has just started to not last as long now its as thow the charge in it is just geting sucked [bANNED TEXT] out of it i use a deben charger the one they suply with the gun lamps dont no weather to get a new battery or charger

it will be the battery mate

Im using the same battery i.ve had for 3 years mines is a 12v 7amp I was using the debans charger before it gave up on me then I went to helfords & got that charger im using the 7amp with the tracer 140 variable lamp as im not out all night