DEERHOUND X GREYHOUND PUPS 10MONTH

totally get what your saying about the invincible aura,they don't have that look about them.they are crossed with a grey so they won't be as wide across as a pure or as powerful,don't like the bitches feet or there jackets much but if they spotted something in the distance there neck and back will stretch and you'll get a better look at them.still better than a bull x.ha

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HERE ARE MY 2 COOKLAND BRED 1ST X DEERHOUND GREYHOUND PUPS, MY DOG IS 29INCHS HIGH MY BITCH IS 27. BOTH SHOWING GREAT POTENTIAL IN THE FIELD.

Still good working DH's around 15 month full bitch I bred myself (held by my 2 yr old son) some sight to see her move over the heather

Not always,this is a site for open debate and discussion.Nearly all the posts on this thread enthused about the pups.Many know im a massive fan of Deerhoundy lurchers and id not wish prospective Deerh

Posted Images

totally get what your saying about the invincible aura,they don't have that look about them.they are crossed with a grey so they won't be as wide across as a pure or as powerful,don't like the bitches feet or there jackets much but if they spotted something in the distance there neck and back will stretch and you'll get a better look at them.still better than a bull x.ha

I find the introduction of Grey improves most Deerhound breeding now,thats how much they have slipped away from their true heritage,KC feckwits and peddlers.Id rather own an half decent bull x than a poor Deerhoundy.I hope that soap does not linger when i scrub my mouth out.

• Like 2

HERE ARE MY 2 COOKLAND BRED 1ST X DEERHOUND GREYHOUND PUPS, MY DOG IS 29INCHS HIGH MY BITCH IS 27.

BOTH SHOWING GREAT POTENTIAL IN THE FIELD.

S7301664.jpgS7301666.jpgS7301661.jpg

Thats a poor looking Deerhoundy bitch,short coupled,short necked,narrow fronted and weak skulled,the dog looks a tad wider between the ears but is slender jawed and as weak looking as the bitch.A very poor representation of a Deerhoundy.

haha,bit harsh morton.short coupled and short neck could be solved by showing it something and they'll stand better.other crtisism's can see your point.look at the back foot on the bitch.

Deerhoundys where noted for their strength,long back,long powerfull neck and a jaw suited to their frame,wide and powerful stance and an invincible aura,i didn,t get any of that from the mutts depicted,many did.No matter how those two stood would not have solved the majority of their shortcomings,as Deerhoundy lurchers.Its often seen as ill manners to be honest at times.

Nowt wrong with telling the truth mate but like you say some people don't like the truth.

• Like 1

I find the introduction of Grey improves most Deerhound breeding now,thats how much they have slipped away from their true heritage,KC feckwits and peddlers.Id rather own an half decent bull x than a poor Deerhoundy.I hope that soap does not linger when i scrub my mouth out.

With the right type of greyhound I'd agree with this and as Bill Hardy said, the right lurcher either.

Edited by Maximus Ferret

HERE ARE MY 2 COOKLAND BRED 1ST X DEERHOUND GREYHOUND PUPS, MY DOG IS 29INCHS HIGH MY BITCH IS 27.

Thats a poor looking Deerhoundy bitch,short coupled,short necked,narrow fronted and weak skulled,the dog looks a tad wider between the ears but is slender jawed and as weak looking as the bitch.A very poor representation of a Deerhoundy.

haha,bit harsh morton.short coupled and short neck could be solved by showing it something and they'll stand better.other crtisism's can see your point.look at the back foot on the bitch.

Deerhoundys where noted for their strength,long back,long powerfull neck and a jaw suited to their frame,wide and powerful stance and an invincible aura,i didn,t get any of that from the mutts depicted,many did.No matter how those two stood would not have solved the majority of their shortcomings,as Deerhoundy lurchers.Its often seen as ill manners to be honest at times.
They look like the type that were doing the job up here in the north east 20 years ago when deer greys were popular, the box headed deerhounds were created by the show knackers outcrossing to irish wolfhounds to make their deerhounds look more impressive in the ring, wonder how these dogs turned out anyway as this topic was started 5 years ago
  • Like 3

Thats a poor looking Deerhoundy bitch,short coupled,short necked,narrow fronted and weak skulled,the dog looks a tad wider between the ears but is slender jawed and as weak looking as the bitch.A very poor representation of a Deerhoundy.do you always have a bad word to say?
Not always,this is a site for open debate and discussion.Nearly all the posts on this thread enthused about the pups.Many know im a massive fan of Deerhoundy lurchers and id not wish prospective Deerhoundy lurcher owners to be influenced by poor specimens,which many are.Looking at these two it would be easy to believe there was Whippet in the mix,i doubt there is but the fragility and poor conformation of those two is not something id wish others to accept as the norm,thus my post.
ok

They look like the type that were doing the job up here in the north east 20 years ago when deer greys were popular, the box headed deerhounds were created by the show knackers outcrossing to irish wolfhounds to make their deerhounds look more impressive in the ring, wonder how these dogs turned out anyway as this topic was started 5 years ago
probably just mature enough to run a few rabbits :D if you believe what people say about them being slow maturing lol

probably just mature enough to run a few rabbits :D if you believe what people say about them being slow maturing lol

They look ok to me. Pretty much the same as most 10 month old running dogs. A bit gangly or scrawny in places, but they grow into themselves properly, and fill out and strengthen up with a bit more maturity and age.

Don't know about the bitch being that weak headed either. She looks pretty greyhoundy to me. A 10 month old greyhoundy bitch. Not surprising really, she is HALF FECKING GREYHOUND :thumbs:

• Like 2