showing terriers

Hi folks

My dad bought a crackin looking russell dog a few months back, the dog had won alot of shows the previous year and was suppose to be a good worker aswell, i like to work the terriers and the old man likes to show them in the summer, as soon as he got this new dog i took him out to test his working ability...we dug two foxs with him so that was fine but a few days later his eye started to turn blue, we got him strait to the vet and now two operations later and a ween of pills it looks like the dog will have to have his eye removed.....will this go against him in the show ring ?

its not a big deal to us if it does just wondered ?

anyone ?

Hi folks

My dad bought a crackin looking russell dog a few months back, the dog had won alot of shows the previous year and was suppose to be a good worker aswell, i like to work the terriers and the old man likes to show them in the summer, as soon as he got this new dog i took him out to test his working ability...we dug two foxs with him so that was fine but a few days later his eye started to turn blue, we got him strait to the vet and now two operations later and a ween of pills it looks like the dog will have to have his eye removed.....will this go against him in the show ring ?

its not a big deal to us if it does just wondered ?

anyone ?

i believe there meant to be "working terrier" shows, so as his apearence is due to work & not some physical defect that hinders him in his job i can't see why it would go against him,no different to a dog who's lacking in the dental department due to his entusiasm for the job.anyone who marks against a terrier for showing sighns of his trade should'nt be judging them in my oppinion...

spongebob.

thats what i thought but but wassnt sure because of the eye being stitched shut .

When I judge it dont make a difference.I show my young dog who is also blind in one eye and he does well.K Coker used to show a good bitch few years back and won a lot of shows with her only had one eye :)

thats what i thought but but wassnt sure because of the eye being stitched shut .

When I judge it dont make a difference.I show my young dog who is also blind in one eye and he does well.K Coker used to show a good bitch few years back and won a lot of shows with her only had one eye :)

cheers mate ! :)