whats the strangest thing you have caught while fishing?

my mates neighbours koi carp on a handline over a garden fence when we were about 8,we shit ourselfs as we werent expecting to catch one ,we hauled him over the fence with the poor thing banging all the way up ,unhooked him then chucked him back we missed the frigging pond in our panic ,my mate being quick of the mark told his dad we saw a cat dragging dereks( the neighbour) fish out of the pond, he jumped over the fence and put it back,told derek what had happened and derek said we were a pair of good lads

• Like 3

In my teens I hooked something heavy on the bottom while tip fishing, after several minutes I managed to bring to the surface a securicor money bag! My friend and I thought we had hit the jackpot as it was stuffed full, eventually we landed it and managed to get it open only to find thousands of pieces of paper cut up to the size of notes. I dont think I ever felt so disapointed as a lad. Never worked out why it was full of blank money sized paper though!!!!

Pat

the best thing i heard ov was some lads i know lowering a frozen chicken down the side ov a block ov flats in liverpool with a beachcaster to a patroling fox witch latched onto it and ran across some playing feilds bending the rod double till the line snapped.would liked to hae seen that :yes:

I've caught several bats when fly fishing, usually on the wing. Lure fishing from a boat for mackerel, hooked one near some salmon cages, reeling it in when it started to take line. I though, this ain't no mackerel, must be a salmon getting food near the cages. 10 minutes I was hauling it in when my prize broke the surface. It was a mackerel...... with a seal attached!!! It let it go and I wound in my mackerel head and back bone :laugh: another time cod fishing, had a couple when the rod went. Same again was coming up nicely when all of a sudden it got really heavy as it got nearer the boat. This was before the seal incident so I thought it must have been a cracker of a cod. Rod bent in two, I hauled the creature in. I say creature cos it turned out to be a puffer fish full of water!!! First time seeing one and watching it on the floor of the small boat, all puffed up and spikey was a bit daunting lol. There were no volunteers when I turned to the mates and said, right lads, who wants to unhook this f****r :laugh:

• Like 2