START OF MEWS BUILD

shello

Well here goes with the start of our mews build. We're building on a sloped garden down to't river so obviously need to make sure it's built high enough up't garden not to get wet!

Had to dig out a couple of ton of soil/earth at the upper end so it's level at't lower end so the upper end starts of around 2ft under ground with breeze block reinforced edges so the earth doesn't fall in! It has hardcore, pierced plastic ground sheeting with pea gravel on top so drainage should be good. It was always gonna be difficult to sort the wooden framework in sections but thankfully my mate helped out. The most the river has got up the garden is about 2ft below the house brick base so i have to hope it never gets any worse ha ha :(

post-65342-0-31646100-1316719987.jpg

post-65342-0-69266400-1316720017.jpg

post-65342-0-81926600-1316720040.jpg

post-65342-0-58226400-1316720063.jpg

Edited by shello
  • Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well here goes with the start of our mews build. We're building on a sloped garden down to't river so obviously need to make sure it's built high enough up't garden not to get wet! Had to dig out a c

front section done now

yes but sorted em now billy cheers, have pinned each one top n bottom to make sure and like you and the joiner say they'll swell anyway so no probs later in week gonna get started on roof sections,

Posted Images

Looks like you're on a mission there shello :thumbs: . thats simular to where I used to live, the ground was up at one end and needed leveling which was a nightmare! it turned a easy job into a marathon but I got there in the end, it will all be worth it in the end mate....

Jasp

cheers jasp and billy, yea hopefully get more done over't weekend, got front frame done just need few more shafts/dowels for it and it'll be ready to fit, gonna collect feather edge also and fit some of that

more pics to follow :victory: