best all round lurcher?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's either a yaper or it isn't simple as that 

Mate had a little red merle coll/whip/grey would give a yip if he didn't have the first slip on the lamp when you first got in the field lol, other than that only time I've know dogs yap on the lamp i

nothing to big , something  old Bryn size  25in 60lb    , like said wanted  a pit x grey x collie x grey  12-14 years ago , but not many being bred that way back then, it was either straight  pit x gr

Posted Images

12 hours ago, shaaark said:

How many of those dogs do you still own? I remember you starting your mali x at about 5 months or a tad younger

I’ve got the one left here mate he will be 8 in feb, the Mali x just simply didn’t have any top end don’t know if it was just the way he was bred or if it was due to a injury he picked up in the garden as a pup. He chipped his tibia cress and possibly damaged his cruciate ligament. Lost the other one this year at 13 and half years old rip old lad.

The Mali x is in a pet home he’s settled into living in doors well by all accounts.

• Like 1
On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2011 at 22:25, tommarshall said:

A great cross and one I proudly own - Whippet x Greyhound / Deerhound x Greyhound.

well back on track lads, anybody else own this cross back in the day, haven't seen this cross bred for a while atb

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

well back on track lads, anybody else own this cross back in the day, haven't seen this cross bred for a while atb

The whippet/grey was a very underestimated lurcher,put to a Deerhoundy type id expect them to be a useful sort.

• Like 1
On 20/09/2011 at 21:22, shaun1986 said:

thanks for the advice been looking at collie x . mother is 1/4 bull 3/4 grey father is 1/4 collie 3/4 grey. both working parents. great looking white and black pups. i am attracted to the collie x because of there intelligence and quick learning abilities.

Not a bad cross there an you'll find that the lurcher pup will learn you alot. From past experience take your time with it an it's training let the pup grow in body an mind before trying to work it an just get the basic training in the rest will just happen good luck an don't take it to serious there's no right or wrong way to do it .

33 minutes ago, Stud dog said:

Not a bad cross there an you'll find that the lurcher pup will learn you alot. From past experience take your time with it an it's training let the pup grow in body an mind before trying to work it an just get the basic training in the rest will just happen good luck an don't take it to serious there's no right or wrong way to do it .

spot on ,   good x as well   always liked bullx grey x collie x grey , getting them the prob , not than many bred, you did well with the pup keep us informed  as it gets older any pics , where was it bred ?

• Like 1