best all round lurcher?

coulor and lies , mate , if you had been about in the eighties to read the shite about the merle dogs etc we got fed cannon fodder ,nothing about merle but its like mixi hate both beacause of the lies that went about at the time hancock plummer you should had saw some of the shite they bred mate and lies they wrote about to promote them , nothing against your dog just memories of merles had a good one but not a patch on home bred stuff

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's either a yaper or it isn't simple as that 

Mate had a little red merle coll/whip/grey would give a yip if he didn't have the first slip on the lamp when you first got in the field lol, other than that only time I've know dogs yap on the lamp i

nothing to big , something  old Bryn size  25in 60lb    , like said wanted  a pit x grey x collie x grey  12-14 years ago , but not many being bred that way back then, it was either straight  pit x gr

Posted Images

had adog simliar bred to yours d sliegth katie collie type whippet grew back to m chapmas bob colie type , pup out of them luke then i bred them back to open class greyhound come on keera produced some class acts simliar way bred , still got the line in kennels 24 inch bitch racy and very spunky ,its agood cross i got mines in 93 he ws avery good dog but when we bred then to greyhound got even better , hope you have good fun and plenty killing lol

Guest born to run1083

get yourself a straight cross collie grey mate, think they make very good alrounders :thumbs:

been looking for a first cross but hard to find. found 2 pups of said cross

good honest dogs if correctly guided but for a first lurcher the half x might be to full on. I also think for a first x collie grey you yourself need the right temperament as they read alot in to your body language.

the only thing with bedlington is the yapping its a commom facter in the breed ,do a search oh here and will see what i mean ,you will find hundreds of treads about this ,imo stay away from a beddy type dog

How many Beddy types have you actualy worked or seen working that yapped, or are you just going off what you have heard.

Cheers.

only ever ran with 2 and both done it ,but heard and seen plenty of treads on here about it :thumbs:

• Haha 1

Talking of dog colour and other traits assosiated with it, i remember years ago a breeder of american cocker spaniels (the fella came reserve best at crufts the year a whippet won it for the first time) was telling me that if you ever buy a cocker, avoid the golden ones as in general they tend to be much more aggresive than the other coloured ones. So it does make you wonder if you can associate colour with other traits.

• 6 years later...

The bedlington xs I’ve heard of that are yappers have always been by inpatient people  trying to enter them on the lamp as saplings at about 6months old telling people there ready for a few runs as there mature enough .... the answer is in my reply 

I've seen a few run, including mine and brothers half x, none yap at all on the lamp...only noise mine makes is if she's pushing anything bigger than a rabbit through cover.. and that's the same for a good mate who runs a first x and 3/4 bred off of the first x... both silent at night and on rabbits daytime, pushing big stuff in the day they let you know 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, poxon said:

The bedlington xs I’ve heard of that are yappers have always been by inpatient people  trying to enter them on the lamp as saplings at about 6months old telling people there ready for a few runs as there mature enough .... the answer is in my reply 

I think that's the case with most yappers, to be honest. With most crosses/types.

I have no problem whatsoever, in waiting for a youngster to mature a bit, physically 'and' mentally, before I start them. I'm in no rush ?

• Like 1
On 22/09/2011 at 20:53, shaun1986 said:

picking the pup up tmoro, gunna be fun introducing him to my other dogs jack russel x staffi and an ex racing greyhound. terrier thinks shes the bees kness and toughest thing on 4 legs lol.

Excellent choice mate, speed and brains , can’t beat it atb ?

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

I think that's the case with most yappers, to be honest. With most crosses/types.

I have no problem whatsoever, in waiting for a youngster to mature a bit, physically 'and' mentally, before I start them. I'm in no rush ?

Mate had a little red merle coll/whip/grey would give a yip if he didn't have the first slip on the lamp when you first got in the field lol, other than that only time I've know dogs yap on the lamp is when they unfit or over matched?

• Like 3