NEW LAMP

hi as anyone used a ultra fire lamp for either shooting or hunting if so what is your opinion on them thanks :bye:

Yes but saying "ultra fire lamp" is a bit like saying 'anyone used a torch for lamping'.

The whole thing started with the Tesco torches, and suddenly a whole new era of lamping began.

Now there are cree torches and there are cree torches, in essence it's not all about lumen's or candle power or wattage or light levels. The key to selecting a good cree torch, which ever make you settle on, is the beam. You need a "thrower" as apposed to a flood or to put it another way, you need a torch that will produce a spot or tight beam at a distance.

I have five here right now, one which is 900 lumen's but it light the field up like a football pitch. Another which I have modified, rated at 250 lumen's but will throw a beam 200 yards with a nice crisp white light. I also have one that produces pure red light with no filters, again it has been modified.

No matter which LED torch you go for, it's not going to compete with a proper 'foxing' lamp but it will be most excellent as a rabbiting or ratting lamp.

John